A new subregion mesh method for the investigation of the elastic-plastic impact in flexible multibody systems
- 126 Downloads
Impact processes between flexible bodies often lead to local stress concentration and wave propagation of high frequency. Therefore, the modeling of flexible multibody systems involving impact should consider the local plastic deformation and the strict requirements of the spatial discretization. Owing to the nonlinearity of the stiffness matrix, the reduction of the element number is extremely important. For the contact-impact problem, since different regions have different requirements regarding the element size, a new subregion mesh method is proposed to reduce the number of the unnecessary elements. A dynamic model for flexible multibody systems with elastic-plastic contact impact is established based on a floating frame of reference formulation and complete Lagrange incremental nonlinear finite-element method to investigate the effect of the elastic-plastic deformation as well as spatial discretization. Experiments on the impact between two bodies are carried out to validate the correctness of the elastic-plastic model. The proposed formulation is applied to a slider-crank system with elastic-plastic impact.
KeywordsMultibody dynamics Elastic-plastic impact Subregion mesh method Experiment
This project was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grants 11132007, 11272203).
- 3.Weyler, R., Oliver, J., Sain, T., et al.: On the contact domain method: a comparison of penalty and Lagrange multiplier implementations. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng. 68, 205–208 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Lankarani, H.M., Nikravesh, P.E.: Continuous contact force models for impact analysis in multibody systems. Nonlinear Dyn. 5, 193–207 (1994)Google Scholar
- 16.Hong, J.Z.: Computational Multibody Dynamics. High Education Press, Beijing (1999). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 19.Wang, X.C.: Finite Element Method. Tsinghua University press, Beijing (2003). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 20.Shi, W., Jinyang, L.: Dynamic analysis for an elastic-plastic planar plate undergoing large overall motion. J. Dyn. Control 4, 003 (2011)Google Scholar