Pragmatism (or Realism) in Research: Is There an Ecohealth Scope of Practice?
- 231 Downloads
KeywordsJournal Impact Factor Abductive Reasoning Pragmatic Philosophy Limited Evidence Base Pragmatic Research
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
This work was supported in part through a grant from the International Development Research Centre.
- Charron DF (Ed.). (2012) Ecohealth Research in Practice: Innovative Applications of an Ecosystem Approach to Health, 1st ed., Ottawa: International Development Research Centre.Google Scholar
- Midgley G (2006) Systems thinking in evaluation. In An Expert Anthology William B, Imam I (editors), Point Reyes: American Evaluation Association, pp 11–34.Google Scholar
- Miller TR, Baird TD, Littlefield CM, Kofinas G, Chapin III FS, Redman CL (2008) Epistemological pluralism: reorganizing interdisciplinary research. Ecology and Society, 13(2), 46.Google Scholar
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (2013) Pragmatism. Retrieved 10, 2015, from http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pragmatism/.
- USEPA, United States Environmental Protection Agency. CADDIS: The causal analysis/diagnosis decision information system. Volume 1: stressor identification. Retrieved 10, 2015, from http://www.epa.gov/caddis/si_approach.html.
- USHHS, United States Department of Health and Human Services, (2009). Evaluation: performance improvement 2008. Retrieved 10, 2015, from http://aspe.hhs.gov/pic/perfimp/2008/report.shtml.
© International Association for Ecology and Health 2016