A study on a shared control navigation system: human/robot collaboration for assisting people in mobility
- 128 Downloads
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work has been partially supported by the Spanish Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia (MEC) and FEDER funds, project No. TEC2006-11689-C01/TCM and also by EU STREP project SHARE-IT IST-045088. All experiments have been previously authorised by the FSL ethical committee. The authors would like to thank FSL and all volunteers for their kind cooperation and Sauer Medica S.L. for providing the power wheelchair.
- Galluppi F, Urdiales C, Poncela A, Sanchez-Tato I, Sandoval F, Olivetti Belardinelli M (2008) A study on human performance in a cooperative local navigation robotic system. 2008 Workshops on enabling technologies: infrastructure for collaborative enterprises, pp 48–53Google Scholar
- Gomi T, Grifth A (1998) Developing intelligent wheelchairs for the handicapped, Springer, Berlin, pp 150–178Google Scholar
- King TW (1998) Assistive technology; essential human factors. Allyn and Bacon, BostonGoogle Scholar
- LaPlante MP (1993) Prevalence of mobility and self-care disability-United States, 1990. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 42:760–768Google Scholar
- Morris A, Donamukkala R, Kapuria A, Steinfeld A, Matthews J, Dunbar-Jacobs J, Thrun S (2003) A robotic walker that provides guidance. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation—ICRA2003Google Scholar
- Scherer MJ, Galvin JC (1996) An outcomes perspective of quality pathways to most appropriate technology. In: Galvin JC, Scherer MJ (eds) Evaluating, selecting and using appropriate assistive technology. Aspen Publishers, Inc., Gaithersburg, pp 1–26Google Scholar
- United Nations (2007) World population prospects: the 2006 revision. New York, United Nations. (http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/wpp2006/wpp2006_ageing.pdf)
- Urdiales C, Poncela A, Sanchez-Tato I, Galluppi F, Olivetti Belardinelli M, Sandoval F (2007) Efficiency based reactive shared control for collaborative human/robot navigation. Intelligent Robots and Systems IROS2007, 3586–3591Google Scholar
- Urdiales C, Peula JM, Barrue C, Pérez EJ, Sánchez-Tato I, del Toro JC, Galluppi F, Cortés U, Annichiaricco R, Caltagirone C, Sandoval F (2009) A new collaborative shared control strategy for continuous human/robot assisted navigation. Submitted to Autonomous RobotsGoogle Scholar