Bicriteria path problem minimizing the cost and minimizing the number of labels
- 218 Downloads
We address a bicriterion path problem where each arc is assigned with a cost value and a label (such as a color). The first criterion intends to minimize the total cost of the path (the summation of its arc costs), while the second intends to get the solution with a minimal number of different labels. Since these criteria, in general, are conflicting criteria we develop an algorithm to generate the set of non-dominated paths. Computational experiments are presented and results are discussed.
KeywordsMinimal cost Minimal number of labels Bicriteria Shortest path
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)05C85 90C27 90C29
This work was partially supported by the FCT Portuguese Foundation of Science and Technology (Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia) under projects PEst-C/EEI/UI0308/2011, PEst-OE/MAT/UI0152 and PTDC/EEA-TEL/101884/2008. The authors deeply acknowledge the INESC-Coimbra research group on urban transportation, led by João Coutinho Rodrigues, for providing data about the metropolitan area of Coimbra.
- Ahuja RK, Magnanti TL, Orlin JB (1993) Network flows: theory, algorithms and applications. Prentice Hall, Englewood CliffsGoogle Scholar
- Consoli S, Moreno JA, Mladenović N, Darby-Dowman K (2006) Constructive heuristics for the minimum labelling spanning tree problem: a preliminary comparison. Technical Report DEIOC-4, Universidad de La Laguna, La Laguna, September http://hdl.handle.net/2438/504
- Hansen P (1980) Bicriterion path problems. In: Fandel G, Gal T (eds) Multiple criteria decision making: theory and applications. Lectures notes in economics and mathematical systemsGoogle Scholar
- Steuer R (1986) Multiple criteria optimization theory, computation and application. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Van-Nes R (2002) Design of multimodal transport networks: a hierarchical approach. Delft University Press, DelftGoogle Scholar
- Vincke P (1974) Problèmes multicritères. Cahiers du Centre d’Études de Recherche Opérationelle 16:425–439Google Scholar
- Wirth H-C (2001) Multicriteria approximation of network design and network upgrade problems. PhD thesis, University of WürzburgGoogle Scholar