Efficient GRASP+VND and GRASP+VNS metaheuristics for the traveling repairman problem
- 1.1k Downloads
The traveling repairman problem is a customer-centric routing problem, in which the total waiting time of the customers is minimized, rather than the total travel time of a vehicle. To date, research on this problem has focused on exact algorithms and approximation methods. This paper presents the first metaheuristic approach for the traveling repairman problem.
KeywordsTraveling repairman problem Minimum latency problem Variable neighborhood descent Variable neighborhood search GRASP
MSC classification (2000)90C27 90C59
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial License which permits any noncommercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- Afrati F, Cosmadakis S, Papadimitriou CH, Papageorgiou G, Papakostantinou N (1986) The complexity of the traveling repairman problem. Theor Inform Appl 20: 79–87Google Scholar
- Blum A, Chalasani P, Coppersmith D, Pulleyblank B, Raghavan P, Sudan M (1994) The minimum latency problem. In: Proceedings of the twenty-sixth annual symposium on theory of computing (STOC), pp 163–171Google Scholar
- Chaudhuri K, Godfrey B, Rao S, Talwar K (2003) Paths, trees, and minimum latency tours. In: Proceedings of 44th symposium on foundations of computer science (FOCS), pp 36–45Google Scholar
- Christofides N (1976) Worst-case analysis of a new heuristic for the travelling salesman problem. Technical Report 388, Graduate School of Industrial Administration, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PAGoogle Scholar
- Crispim J, Brandao J (2001) Reactive tabu search and variable neighborhood descent applied to the vehicle routing problem with backhauls. In: MIC 2001—Proceedings of the metaheuristics international conference, Porto, pp 631–636Google Scholar
- Hansen P, Mladenović N (1999) An introduction to variable neighborhood search. In: Voss S, Martello S, Osman I, Roucairol C (eds) Metaheuristics: advances and trends in local search paradigms for optimization. Kluwer, Boston, pp 433–458Google Scholar
- Hansen P, Mladenović N (2001a) Industrial applications of the variable neighbourhood search metaheuristic. In: Decisions and control in management science. Kluwer, Boston, pp 261–274Google Scholar
- Ribeiro CC, Vianna DS (2003) A GRASP/VND heuristic for the phylogeny problem using a new neighborhood structure. Technical report, Department of Computer Science, Catholic U. of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, BrazilGoogle Scholar
- Sarubbi J, Luna H (2007) A new flow formulation for the minimum latency problem. In: International network optimization conference (INOC), Spa, BelgiumGoogle Scholar