Will the Next Generation of PACS Be Sitting on a Cloud?
Cloud computing has gathered significant attention from information technology (IT) vendors in providing massively scalable applications as well as highly managed remote services. What is cloud computing and how will it impact the medical IT market? Will the next generation of picture archiving and communication systems be leveraging cloud technology?
Key wordsdistributed computing enterprise PACS grid computing information storage and retrieval cloud computing
- 1.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing. Last accessed June 21, 2010
- 2.Combining local and remote visualization techniques for interactive volume rendering in medical applications. Proceedings of the conference on visualization, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, pp 449–452, 2000Google Scholar
- 3.http://www.vmware.com/products/view/. Last accessed June 21, 2010
- 4.http://www.teradici.com/pcoip/pcoip-technology.php. Last accessed June 21, 2010
- 5.Qian L, Luo Z, Du Y, Guo L: Cloud computing: an overview. Spring Berlin, Heidelberg, 2009Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu J, et al: IBM cloud computing powering a smarter planet. Springer Berlin, Heidelberg, 2009Google Scholar
- 8.Introduction to Cloud Computing architecture 1–35, 2009 http://www.scribd.com/doc/17274860/Introduction-to-Cloud-Computing-Architecture. Last accessed June 21, 2010
- 9.Prior F, Ingeholm ML, Levine BA, Tarbox L: Potential impact of HITECH security regulations on medical imaging. Proc. Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2009 EMBC 2009 Annual International Conference of the IEEE: CityGoogle Scholar