Two new species of Exobasidium causing Exobasidium diseases on Vaccinium spp. in Japan
- 75 Downloads
Two new Exobasidium species on Vaccinium spp. in Japan are described and discussed. Exobasidium kishianum, which causes Exobasidium leaf blight on V. hirtum var. pubescens and V. smallii, is characterized by its ellipsoid to ovoid basidiospores with (0–)1–3 septa. Its systemic infection is also observed. Exobasidium inconspicuum, causing Exobasidium leaf blister on V. hirtum var. pubescens, is characterized by its obovoid or ellipsoid to oval basidiospores with 0–4 septa. Mode of germination of the basidiospores is by germ tube in both species.
Key wordsBasidiomycetes Culture Exobasidium Germination Taxonomy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anonymous2000Common names of plant diseases in Japan, 1st edn. (in Japanese)The Phytopathological Society of JapanTokyoGoogle Scholar
- Ezuka, A 1975Mycological notes on some species of Exobasidium in Japan (V) (abstract in Japanese)Ann Phytopathol Jpn41100Google Scholar
- Ezuka, A 1991Notes on some species of Exobasidium in Japan (IV)Trans Mycol Soc Jpn32169185Google Scholar
- Ito, S 1955Mycological flora of Japan, vol II. Basidiomycetes, no. 4: Auriculariales, Tremellales, Dacrymycetales, Aphyllophorales (Polyporales) (in Japanese)YokendoTokyo4655Google Scholar
- Nannfeldt, JA 1981 Exobasidium, a taxonomic reassessment applied to the European speciesSymb Bot Ups23172Google Scholar
- Sundström, K-R 1964Studies of the physiology, morphology and serology of Exobasidium Symb Bot Ups18189Google Scholar