The Kumaraswamy Gumbel distribution
- 779 Downloads
The Gumbel distribution is perhaps the most widely applied statistical distribution for problems in engineering. We propose a generalization—referred to as the Kumaraswamy Gumbel distribution—and provide a comprehensive treatment of its structural properties. We obtain the analytical shapes of the density and hazard rate functions. We calculate explicit expressions for the moments and generating function. The variation of the skewness and kurtosis measures is examined and the asymptotic distribution of the extreme values is investigated. Explicit expressions are also derived for the moments of order statistics. The methods of maximum likelihood and parametric bootstrap and a Bayesian procedure are proposed for estimating the model parameters. We obtain the expected information matrix. An application of the new model to a real dataset illustrates the potentiality of the proposed model. Two bivariate generalizations of the model are proposed.
KeywordsBeta distribution Gumbel distribution Information matrix Kumaraswamy distribution Maximum likelihood Order statistic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andrade NLR, Moura RMP, Silveira A (2007) Determinação da Q7,10 para o Rio Cuiabá, Mato Grosso, Brasil e comparação com a vazão regularizada após a implantação do reservatório de aproveitamento múltiplo de manso. 24º Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Sanitária e Ambiental. Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais Brasil.Google Scholar
- Chen G, Balakrishnan N (1995) A general purpose approximate goodness-of-fit test. J Qual Technol 27: 154–161Google Scholar
- Doornik JA (2007) An object-oriented matrix language Ox 5. Timberlake Consultants Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Leadbetter MR, Lindgren G, Rootzén H (1987) Extremes and related properties of random sequences and process. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Prudnikov AP, Brychkov YA, Marichev OI (1986) Integrals and series, vols 1, 2 and 3. Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar