Big data and financial information analytics ecosystem: strengthening personal information under legal regulation
- 11 Downloads
In order to cope with the urgent need of legal regulation on the use of personal information by financial consumers under the background of big data, through the methods of literature study, empirical research and legal interpretation, the problems that the traditional rules are not applicable to China’s financial information platform, and financial information is exposed to a wide range of implications are discussed. In addition, the issues that it is difficult for financial consumers to relieve their rights, the scope of consumer’s personal information is unclear, and the obligation of financial institutions to inform is non-specific are analyzed. It is found that under the background of big data, the improper use of financial consumer’s personal information is very harmful. It is necessary to define the scope of personal information of financial consumers, specify the obligation of initial and continuous disclosure of financial institutions, set up comprehensive regulatory bodies, improve the preventive regulatory system for format contracts and big data processing, and enhance the effectiveness of accountability mechanisms.
KeywordsBig data Financial information analytics Personal information Legal regulation
This work was supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities: The Term of East China Normal University’s Youth Multi-discipline Innovation Team (NO. 2018ECNU-QKT013).
- Crawford Kate, Schultz Jason (2013) Big data and due process: toward a framework to redress predictive privacy harms. Boston College Law Rev 55(93):93–128Google Scholar
- Howkins J (2002) The creative economy: how people make money from ideas. Penguin, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Newell BC (2014) Local law enforcement jumps on the big data bandwagon: automated license plate recognition systems, information privacy, and access to government information. Maine Law Rev 66(66):398Google Scholar
- Selvapriyavadhana P (2014) Mobile banking services on data protection analysis in networking. Ijrcct 3(4):526–529Google Scholar
- Yang S, Li J, Cai J et al (2014) Data-oriented method to big data standard system creation: a case of Chinese financial industry. Ann Data Sci 1(3–4):1–14Google Scholar