Network evolution analysis of e-business entrepreneurship: big data analysis based on taobao intelligent information system
- 62 Downloads
In recent years, the entrepreneurial development of taobao village based on e-business has led to a new round growth of rural economy in China. This paper constructs a evolution analysis framework of taobao village entrepreneurial network based on the big data of taobao intelligent information system from the year 2007–2016. The social network analysis software Gephi was applied to analyze the data. The result is that: Firstly, the early emerged online shops with high betweenness centrality degree, which mastered important resources and power within the network, formed a strong entrepreneurial demonstration effect to the other shops. Secondly, in taobao village, the number of strong relationship shops increased, entrepreneurial network gradually dispersed characteristics of clustering, entrepreneurial network community structure strength enhanced, division quality optimization, and the transmission performance and efficiency of entrepreneurial network improved. The entrepreneurial network has a typical characteristic of “acquaintance” network business conduction. Thirdly, the entrepreneurial network density of Lin’an taobao village showed a significant downward trend, which may be more conducive to the homogeneous agricultural products sales shops to access to heterogeneous resources, so as to obtain more long-term future development.
KeywordsEntrepreneurial network Big data analysis Taobao intelligent information system
The authors acknowledge the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant: 71603235), Humanities and Social Sciences Research Program Youth Fund of Education Department of China (Grant: 16YJC630157), Hangzhou Social Sciences Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars (Grant: 2016RCZX32).
- Diao BD, Chen KL, Ding L, Zeng KF (2017) Spatial pattern and influence factors of taobao village in 2013 and 2014. Trop Geogr 1:56–65 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Galina D, Pip P, Johan K, Bill M, Anthea B, Martin W, Scott B (2012) Networks and geography: modelling community network structures as the outcome of both spatial and network processes. Soc Netw 34(1):122–131Google Scholar
- Jiang JY, Qian WR, Guo HD (2014) Factors influencing farmers’ identification of business pioneering opportunities: Based on the analysis of 968 surveys. J Nanjing Agric Univ (Soc Sci Ed) 1:51–58 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Lei B, Liu MM (2017) Formation mechanism of e-business industrial cluster in rural area: Based on cases of typical taobao villages. Sci Technol Manag Res 11:177–184 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Liang Q, Zhang C (2017) An analysis of the transmission mechanism from social network to individual entrepreneurial intentions. Manag Rev 4:59–67 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Liu J, Zheng FT (2011) Social network, Individual career choice and regional entrepreneurship agglomeration: a case study based on Dongfeng Village. Manag World 6:132–151 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Liu P, Li XX, Wang LE (2015) Study of social network analysis software. Comput Sci 12:171–174 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Scott S (2000) Prior knowledge and the discovery of entrepreneurial opportunities. Organ Sci 92:448–468Google Scholar
- Vinamrata A, Mishra K (2015) E-business: an analytical study of online business transactions and its role in promotion of rural entrepreneurship in India. Int J Res Soc Sci 5(2):185–201Google Scholar
- Ye Z, Zheng JZ (2014) Network characteristics and corporate entrepreneurship of cluster enterprises: an empirical study based on entrepreneurial competence. Sci Res Manag 35(1):58–65 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Zheng FT, Chen Y (2006) The roles of entrepreneurs in the formation and evolution of China rural industrial clusters: evidences from Dounan flower industrial clusters. China Soft Sci 1:100–107 (in Chinese) Google Scholar