The C1 generic diffeomorphism has trivial centralizer
Answering a question of Smale, we prove that the space of C1 diffeomorphisms of a compact manifold contains a residual subset of diffeomorphisms whose centralizers are trivial.
- [BCW2]Ch. Bonatti, S. Crovisier, and A. Wilkinson, The centralizer of a C 1 generic diffeomorphism is trivial. Preprint arXiv:0705.0225, 2007.
- [BCVW]Ch. Bonatti, S. Crovisier, G. Vago, and A. Wilkinson, Local density of diffeomorphisms with large centralizers. Preprint arXiv:0709.4319, 2007.
- [Fi]T. Fisher, Trivial centralizers for Axiom A diffeomorphisms. Preprint. Google Scholar
- [Ko]N. Kopell, Commuting diffeomorphisms, in Global Analysis, Proc. Sympos. Pure Math., vol. XIV, pp. 165–184, AMS, Providence, 1970. Google Scholar
- [N]A. Navas, Three remarks on one dimensional bi-Lipschitz conjugacies. Preprint arXiv:0705.0034, 2007.