Existence criteria for special locally conformally Kähler metrics
- 93 Downloads
We investigate the relation between holomorphic torus actions on complex manifolds of locally conformally Kähler (LCK) type and the existence of special LCK metrics. We show that if the group of biholomorphisms of such a manifold (M, J) contains a compact torus which is not totally real, then there exists a Vaisman metric on the manifold, generalising a result of Kamishima–Ornea. Also, we obtain a new obstruction to the existence of LCK structures on a given complex manifold in terms of its automorphism group. As an application, we obtain a classification of manifolds of LCK type among all the manifolds having the structure of a holomorphic principal torus bundle. Moreover, we show that if the group of biholomorphisms contains a compact torus whose dimension is half the real dimension of M, then (M, J) admits an LCK metric with positive potential. Finally, we obtain new non-existence results for LCK metrics on certain products of complex manifolds.
KeywordsLocally conformally Kähler metric Vaisman metric Torus action Lee field
Mathematics Subject Classification53A30 53C25 53B35
I am grateful to Andrei Moroianu for his encouragement and valuable suggestions that improved this paper. Also I thank Paul Gauduchon for pointing out an error in a preliminary version of the paper.
- 3.Bredon, G.: Introduction to Compact Transformation Groups, Pure and Applied Mathematics 46. Academic Press, New York-London (1972)Google Scholar
- 10.Istrati, N.: A characterisation of toric LCK manifolds, preprint (2017). arXiv:1612.03832 (to appear in J. Symplectic Geom.)
- 14.Moroianu, A., Moroianu, S.: On pluricanonical locally conformally Kähler manifolds. IMRN 14, 4398–4405 (2017)Google Scholar
- 15.Moroianu, A., Moroianu, S., Ornea, L.: Locally conformally Kähler manifolds with holomorphic Lee field, preprint (2017). arXiv:1712.05821
- 21.Otiman, A.: Locally Conformally Symplectic Bundles, preprint (2015). arXiv:1510.02770 (to appear in J. Symplectic Geom.)
- 30.Verbitsky, M.S.: Theorems on the vanishing of cohomology for locally conformally hyper Kähler manifolds, (Russian) Tr. Mat. Inst. Steklova 246 (2004), Algebr. Geom. Metody, Svyazi i Prilozh., 64–91; translation. Proc. Steklov Inst. Math. 246, 54–78 (2004)Google Scholar
- 31.Vuletescu, V.: LCK metrics on elliptic principal bundles, preprint (2010). arXiv:1001.0936