Global existence for a class of strongly coupled parabolic systems
- 189 Downloads
A class of strongly coupled parabolic systems is investigated. Sufficient conditions on the structure of the systems are found to assure that weak solutions are bounded and that they are Hölder continuous. Together, these results give the global existence of solutions. The theory is then applied to the general Shigesada–Kawasaki–Teramoto model in population dynamics.
Keywordscross diffusion systems boundedness Hölder regularity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amann, H.: Dynamic theory of quasilinear parabolic systems – III. Global existence. Math. Z. 202, 219–250 (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.Evans, L.C.: Partial Differential Equations. AMS Graduate Studies in Math, vol. 19, (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.John, O., Stara, J.: Some (new) counterexamples of parabolic systems. Commentat. Math. Univ. Carol. 36, 503–510 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.John, O., Stara, J.: On the regularity of weak solutions to parabolic systems in two spatial dimensions. Commun. Partial Differ. Equations 27, 1159–1170 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Küfner, K.H.W.: Invariant regions for quasilinear reaction-diffusion systems and applications to a two population model. NoDEA, Nonlinear Differ. Equ. Appl. 3, 421–444 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Ladyzenskaja, O.A., Solonnikov, V.A., Ural’tseva, N.N.: Linear and Quasilinear Equations of Parabolic Type. AMS Transl. Monographs, vol. 23 (1968)Google Scholar
- 16.Yagi, A.: A priori estimates for some quasilinear parabolic system in population dynamics. Kobe J. Math. 14, 91–108 (1997)Google Scholar