Complex-valued encoding symbiotic organisms search algorithm for global optimization
- 149 Downloads
Symbiotic organisms search algorithm is a new meta-heuristic algorithm based on the symbiotic relationship between the biological which was proposed in recent years. In this paper, a novel complex-valued encoding symbiotic organisms search (CSOS) algorithm is proposed. The algorithm introduces the idea of complex coding diploid. Each individual is composed of real and imaginary parts and extends the search space from one dimension to two dimensions. This increases the diversity of the population, further enhances the ability of the algorithm to find the global optimal value, and improves the precision of the algorithm. CSOS has been tested with 23 standard benchmark functions and 2 engineering design problems. The results show that CSOS has better ability of finding global optimal value and higher precision.
KeywordsSymbiotic organisms search Complex-valued encoding Benchmark test functions Engineering problems
This work is supported by National Science Foundation of China under Grant Nos. 61463007, 61563008. Project of Guangxi University for Nationalities Science Foundation under Grant No. 2016GXNSFAA380264.
- 3.Kennedy J, Eberhart R (1995) Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on neural networks, Perth, Australia, vol IV, pp 1942–1948Google Scholar
- 4.Yang XS (2012) Flower pollination algorithm for global optimization. In: Unconventional computation and natural computation. Lecture notes in computer science, vol 7445, pp 240–249Google Scholar
- 5.Yang XS, Deb S (2009) Cuckoo search via levy flights. In: World congress on nature and biologically inspired computing (NaBIC 2009). IEEE Publication, USA, pp 210–214Google Scholar
- 7.Kaveh A, Zolghadr A (2011) Shape and size optimization of truss structures with frequency constraints using enhanced charged system search algorithm. Asian J Civ Eng 12:487–509Google Scholar
- 11.Abdullahi M, Ngadi A Md, Abdulhamid SM (2016) Symbiotic organism search optimization based task scheduling in cloud computing environment. Future Gen Comput Syst 56:640–650Google Scholar
- 14.Das B, Mukherjee V, Das D (2016) DG placement in radial distribution network by symbiotic organisms search algorithm for real power loss minimization. Appl Soft Comput 49:920–936Google Scholar
- 16.Chen D-B, Li H-J, Li Z (2009) Particle swarm optimization based on complex-valued encoding and application in function optimization. Comput Eng Appl 45:59–61Google Scholar
- 17.Zheng Z, Zhang Y, Qiu Y (2003) Genetic algorithm based on complex-valued encoding. Control Theory Appl 20(1):97–100Google Scholar
- 19.Tang K, Yao X, Suganthan PN, MacNish C, Chen Y-P, Chen C-M, Yang Z (2007) Benchmark Functions for the CEC’2008 special session and competition on large scale global optimization. University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), School of Computer Science and Technology, Nature Inspired Computation and Applications Laboratory (NICAL), Hefei, Anhui, China, Technical Report. http://nical.ustc.edu.cn/cec08ss.php
- 20.Hansen N, Auger A, Finck S, Ros R (2009) Real-parameter black-box optimization benchmarking 2009 experimental setup. Institute National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA), Rapports de Recherche RR-6828, 20 Mar 2009Google Scholar
- 24.García S, Molina D, Lozano M, Herrera F (2009) A study on the use of non-parametric tests for analyzing the evolutionary algorithms’ behaviour: a case study on the CEC’2005 special session on real parameter optimization. J Heuristics 15:617. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10732-008-9080-4