Metric regularity of epigraphical multivalued mappings and applications to vector optimization
- 251 Downloads
In this work we combine in a meaningful way two techniques of variational analysis and nonsmooth optimization. On one hand, we use the error bound approach to study the metric regularity of some special types of multifunctions and, on the other hand, we exploit the incompatibility between the metric regularity and the Pareto minimality. This method allows us to present some \(\varepsilon \)-Fermat rules for set-valued optimization problem in the setting of general Banach spaces. Our results are comparable to several recent results in literature.
KeywordsError bounds Metric regularity Pareto minimality Set-valued optimization
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)49J52 49J53 90C30
The second author thanks Professor Constantin Zălinescu for meaningful help and interesting discussions while he visited “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iaşi with a research grant offered by Romanian Government within Eugen Ionescu programme coordinated by Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF). Research of the second author was partially supported by a doctoral grant from Région Limousin and by the ECOS-SUD C\(10\)E\(08\) project. The first and the third authors were supported by a grant of the Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research, CNCS–UEFISCDI, project number PN-II-ID-PCE-2011-3-0084. All the authors are indebted to Professors Michel Théra and Huynh van Ngai for their interest and for many valuable discussions on this work.
- 2.Azé, D.: A survey on error bounds for lower semicontinuous functions. In: Proceedings of the 2003 MODE-SMAI Conference, ESAIM Proc., 1, EDP Sci., Les Ulis, pp. 1–17 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Dmitruk, A.V., Milyutin, A.A., Osmolovskiĭ, N.P.: Lyusternik’s theorem and the theory of extrema. Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 35, 11–46 (1980) (in Russian); English translation in. Russian Math. Surv. 35, 11–51 (1980)Google Scholar
- 19.Ioffe, A.D.: Metric regularity and subdifferential calculus. Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 55, 103–162 (2000); English translation in Math. Surv. 55, 501–558 (2000)Google Scholar
- 24.Klatte, D., Kummer, B.: Nonsmooth equations in optimization. Regularity, calculus, methods and applications. Nonconvex Optim. Appl. 60 (2002) Kluwer Academic Publishers, DordrechtGoogle Scholar
- 28.Mordukhovich, B.S.: Variational Analysis and Generalized Differentiation, Vol. I: Basic Theory, Vol. II: Applications, Springer, Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften (A Series of Comprehensive Studies in Mathematics), vols. 330, 331, Berlin (2006)Google Scholar
- 33.Ngai, H.V., Nguyen, H.T., Théra, M.: Implicit multifunction theorems in complete metric spaces. Math. Program. (to appear)Google Scholar
- 40.Rockafellar, R.T., Wets, R.: Variational Analysis. Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften (A Series of Comprehensive Studies in Mathematics), vol. 317. Springer, Berlin (1998)Google Scholar