On the relationship between continuous- and discrete-time control systems
- 107 Downloads
Building on previous results of the author this paper presents two new error estimates for the reachable set of an affine control system if only piece-wise constant admissible controls on a uniform mesh are used instead of all measurable admissible controls. It is natural to expect that the resulting “shrinkage” of the reachable set is of the order of the mesh size. In this paper it is proved that under certain reasonable conditions the error is of higher than first order.
KeywordsControl systems Discretization Error analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baier R, Lempio F (1994) Computing Aumann’s integrals. In: Kurzhanski A, and Veliov VM (eds) Modeling techniques for uncertain systems, PSCT, vol 18, pp 71–90Google Scholar
- Caulkins JP, Feichtinger G, Grass D, Tragler G (2005) A model of moderation: finding Skiba points on a slippery slope. Central Eur J Oper Res 13(1): 45–64Google Scholar
- Grass D, Caulkins JP, Feichtinger G, Tragler G, Behrens DA (2008) Optimal control of nonlinear processes: with applications in drugs, corruption, and terror. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Krastanov M, Veliov VM (2010) High-order approximations to multi-input non-commutative control systems. To appear in Large-scale scientific computations, Springer, Berlin, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- Nour C, Stern RJ, Takche J (2009) The union of uniform closed balls conjecture. Control Cybern 38(4): 1525–1534Google Scholar
- Silin D (1981) On the variation and Riemann integrability of optimal control of linear systems. Dokl Akad Nauk SSSR 257: 548–550Google Scholar
- Sager S (2009) Reformulations and algorithms for the optimization of switching decisions in nonlinear optimal control. J Process Control (to appear). http://sager1.eu/sebastian/downloads/Sager2009b.pdf
- Veliov VM (2003) Relaxation of Euler-type discrete-time control system. Research Report No 273, ORCOS, TU-Wien, 2003. http://orcos.tuwien.ac.at/fileadmin/t/orcos/Research_Reports/Res_Rep_till_2009/RR273.pdf