Predictor of depressive disorders in patients with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis
• Both SF-36 MCS and SF-36 PCS were negatively correlated with K-CESD-R and K-POMS depression.
• Patients with SF-36 MCS ≤ 48.07 exhibited a significantly high relative risk (RR) for depressive disorders, compared with those without (RR 42.667).
• Patients with SF-36 PCS ≤ 55.63 showed a significantly high RR depressive disorder, compared with those without (RR 13.619).
KeywordsAntineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody–associated vasculitis Depression Predictor SF-36
This research was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education (2017R1D1A1B03029050) and a grant from the Korea Health Technology R&D Project through the Korea Health Industry Development Institute, funded by the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Republic of Korea (HI14C1324).
Compliance with ethical standards
This study was approved by the Institutional Review Board of Severance Hospital (4-2016-0901) and the patients’ written informed consent was obtained.
- 1.Jennette JC, Falk RJ, Bacon PA, Basu N, Cid MC, Ferrario F, Flores-Suarez LF, Gross WL, Guillevin L, Hagen EC, Hoffman GS, Jayne DR, Kallenberg CGM, Lamprecht P, Langford CA, Luqmani RA, Mahr AD, Matteson EL, Merkel PA, Ozen S, Pusey CD, Rasmussen N, Rees AJ, Scott DGI, Specks U, Stone JH, Takahashi K, Watts RA (2013) 2012 revised International Chapel Hill Consensus Conference Nomenclature of Vasculitides. Arthritis Rheum 65(1):1–11CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Tomasson G, Boers M, Walsh M, LaValley M, Cuthbertson D, Carette S, Davis JC, Hoffman GS, Khalidi NA, Langford CA, Mcalear CA, McCune WJ, Monach PA, Seo P, Specks U, Spiera R, St. Clair EW, Stone JH, Ytterberg SR, Merkel PA (2012) Assessment of health-related quality of life as an outcome measure in granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener’s). Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64(2):273–279CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Park JH, Lee JJ, Lee SB, Huh Y, Choi EA, Youn JC, Jhoo JH, Kim JS, Woo JI, Kim KW (2010) Prevalence of major depressive disorder and minor depressive disorder in an elderly Korean population: results from the Korean Longitudinal Study on Health and Aging (KLoSHA). J Affect Disord 125(1–3):234–240CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Mukhtyar C, Lee R, Brown D, Carruthers D, Dasgupta B, Dubey S, Flossmann O, Hall C, Hollywood J, Jayne D, Jones R, Lanyon P, Muir A, Scott D, Young L, Luqmani RA (2009) Modification and validation of the Birmingham vasculitis activity score (version 3). Ann Rheum Dis 68(12):1827–1832CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Bossuyt X, Cohen Tervaert JW, Arimura Y, Blockmans D, Flores-Suárez LF, Guillevin L, Hellmich B, Jayne D, Jennette JC, Kallenberg CGM, Moiseev S, Novikov P, Radice A, Savige JA, Sinico RA, Specks U, van Paassen P, Zhao MH, Rasmussen N, Damoiseaux J, Csernok E (2017) Position paper: revised 2017 international consensus on testing of ANCAs in granulomatosis with polyangiitis and microscopic polyangiitis. Nat Rev Rheumatol 13(11):683–692CrossRefGoogle Scholar