GLSV: Graphics library stereo vision for OpenGL
- 219 Downloads
This work proposes the development of an auxiliary library for use with OpenGL, to facilitate the creation of graphic applications incorporating stereoscopic representation. This library, christened graphics library stereo vision (GLSV), is designed to remove all calculations involving knowledge of stereo vision theory from the task performed by the programmer without the latter having to change the way he/she has been working with the OpenGL library. The GLSV is distributed under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License agreement.
KeywordsSoftware libraries Display algorithms Stereoscopic Virtual reality
The work of the I3G group in the area of stereo graphics has been co-financed by the Ánade Recursos Naturales, S.L. company, in the framework of University, Company projects (CN-04-098 and FUO-EM-090-05).
- Akka B (1998) Writing Stereoscopic Software for StereoGraphics® Systems Using Microsoft Windows® OpenGL StereoGraphics CorporationGoogle Scholar
- Bourke P (1999) Calculating stereo pairs. http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke
- Carrozzo M, Lacquaniti F (1997) Geometric transformations for displaying virtual objects on stereoscopic devices. Comp Graph 21(3):324–334Google Scholar
- Foley J, Van Dam A, Feiner S, Hughes J (1997) Computer graphics: principles and practice. Addison-Wesley, ReadingGoogle Scholar
- Hodges L, Davis E (1993) Geometric considerations for stereoscopic virtual environments. Presence 2(1):34–43Google Scholar
- Lipton L (1997a) Stereographics developer’s handbook. StereoGraphics CorporationGoogle Scholar
- Lipton L (1997b) Stereo-vision formats for video and computers graphics. StereoGraphics CorporationGoogle Scholar
- OpenGL Architecture Review Board (1997) OpenGL Programming Guide v.1.1. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, ReadingGoogle Scholar
- Stereo3DTM (1999) Hardware developer’s handbook. StereoGraphics CorporationGoogle Scholar