Convolution and Filtering in Fractional Fourier Domains
Fractional Fourier transforms, which are related to chirp and wavelet transforms, lead to the notion of fractional Fourier domains. The concept of filtering of signals in fractional domains is developed, revealing that under certain conditions one can improve upon the special cases of these operations in the conventional space and frequency domains. Because of the ease of performing the fractional Fourier transform optically, these operations are relevant for optical information processing.
Key wordsoptical information processing Fourier optics fractional Fourier transforms spatial filtering
- 1.A.C. McBride and F.H. Kerr: IMA J. Appl. Math. 39 (1987) 159.Google Scholar
- 3.D. Mendlovic and H.M. Ozaktas: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 10 (1993) 1875.Google Scholar
- 4.H.M. Ozaktas and D. Mendlovic: to appear in J. Opt. Soc. Am. A.Google Scholar
- 5.A.W. Lohmann: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 10 (1993) 2181.Google Scholar
- 6.H.M. Ozaktas, B. Barshan, D. Mendlovic and L. Onural: to appear in J. Opt. Soc. Am. A.Google Scholar