Edible lens made of agar
- 15 Downloads
In the field of optics, there has been some interest in edible optical elements. In this paper, we propose an edible lens made of agar, which has been reported to be one of the ideal foodstuffs for forming optical devices. We describe a fabrication process for forming an edible spherical lens made of agar. The developed prototype’s focal length was 39.50 mm, and its resolution was 7.13 lp/mm. We also demonstrated another prototype with a built-in aperture, made of agar and red bean paste.
KeywordsLens Edible Agar Food
This work is supported by JSPS Kakenhi under Grant no. JP18K19799.
- 1.Hänsch, T.W.: Opt. Photonics News 14–16 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Wilk, S.R.: OPN May, 14 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Omenetto, F., Kaplan, D.L.: United States Patent, US20,110,135,697 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Tagawa, S.: Contribution from the Shimonoseki University of Fisheries (556), 35 (1968)Google Scholar
- 8.Smith, W.J.: Modern Optical Engineering, 3rd edn. McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York (2000)Google Scholar