Direct and inverse converting between 4-band color space and HSI4: mathematical tool for multispectral image processing of 4 primary colors
- 22 Downloads
In this article, a new mathematical proposal is presented to perform digital multispectral images processing of four primary colors; namely, it shows the method and equations that transform the four-band color space (extension of RGB) into the space of color HSI4 (HSI color model that depends on four primary colors) and vice versa. The HSI model is widely used to develop image processing algorithms based on human perception of color. At present, there are capture and visualization devices based on four primary colors that is why the information contained in this document will be a valuable mathematical tool in the processing of images in the HSI space. The work is divided into two main parts: direct converting, which is based on an already developed article and what is presented here is an application of this one for the case of four primary colors. The second part, inverse converting, is the most important and new contribution. The effectiveness of the mathematical proposal can be verified with the numerical results presented.
KeywordsHSI and RGB color models Multispectral image Primary colors Converting colors Vector analytic geometry
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
On behalf of all authors, the corresponding author states that there is no conflict of interest.
- 1.M. Yamaguchi, Y. Murakami, T. Uchiyama, et al., Natural vision: visual telecommunication based on multispectral technology, (IDW'00, 2000) https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1826/b71e784d48f2dd61af1b23ba58a047845602.pdf. Accessed 6 Jan 2019
- 2.Yamaguchi, M., Teraji, T., Ohsawa, K., Uchiyama, T., Motomura, H., Murakami, Y., Ohyama, N.: Color image reproduction based on the multispectral and multiprimary imaging: experimental evaluation. Proc SPIE 4663 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.453003
- 4.Yamaguchi, M., Haneishi, H., Fukuda, H., Kishimoto, J., Kanazawa, H., Tsuchida, M., Iwama, R., Ohyama, N.: High-fidelity video and still-image communication based on spectral information: natural vision system and its applications. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering 6062 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.649454
- 6.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital image processing, 2nd edn. Prentice Hall, pp. 287, 290 ( 2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Pajares, G., de la Cruz, J.: Visión por computador: Imágenes digitales y aplicaciones. Editorial Ra-ma, pp.118–120 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Fulks, W.: Cálculo Avanzado. LIMUSA, México, p. 193 (1991)Google Scholar