Principal direction-based Hough transform for line detection
- 234 Downloads
A robust and fast line detection method based on Hough transform (HT) is proposed in this paper. Edge pixels are extracted based on the summation and ratio of principal curvatures. Probabilistic sampling on the edge pixels is applied to reduce the count of voting. Then a one-to-one voting strategy is applied by taking advantages of the information of principal direction. The principal direction is also conducive for the successive accurate line segment extraction. The experiments demonstrate that the proposed method shows better locating accuracy and computation efficiency compared with several significant variations of HT.
KeywordsLine detection Hough transform Principal direction Principal curvature Line segment extraction
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61008048, the Open Fund of Joint Laboratory of Flight Vehicle Ocean-based Measurement and Control under Grant No. FOM2013OF001 and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China under Grand No. 2014FZA4029.
- 1.G. Yammine, E. Wige, F. Simmet, D. Niederkorn, A. Kaup, IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety, 24–27 July 2012Google Scholar
- 2.C. Li, Y. Zheng, Y. Yuan, Y. Yang, China Satellite Navigation Conference (CSNC), ed. by J. Sun, J. Liu, Y. Yang, S. Fan. Lecture notes in electrical engineering, vol. 160 (Springer, Heidelberg, 2012)Google Scholar
- 3.D. Farin, J. Han, P. H. de With, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME), 6–8 July 2005Google Scholar
- 6.G. Q. Lu, X. Hong-guo, Y. B. Li, IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety, 14–16 Oct 2005Google Scholar
- 11.P. V. Hough, U.S. Patent No. 3,069,654, 1962Google Scholar
- 21.M. E. Martínez-Pérez, A. D. Hughes, A. V. Stanton, S. A. Thom, A. A. Bharath, K. H. Parker, Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention. (Springer, Heidelberg, 1999), pp. 90–97Google Scholar
- 22.H. Deng, W. Zhang, E. Mortensen, T. Dietterich, L. Shapiro, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 17–22 June 2007Google Scholar