A Color Holographic Reconstruction System by Time Division Multiplexing with Reference Lights of Laser
3D-TV systems by holography technique have been studied in the world. In this paper, we report a color holographic reconstruction system by time division multiplexing method with reference lights of laser. The method can reconstruct a color holographic image by switching reference lights of red, green and blue colors at certain intervals. We can observe a color holographic image using red and green lasers as the reference lights, a high minute liquid crystal display (LCD) panel as a spatial light modulator (SLM) and electro-shutters as the shuttering device of the laser lights in the optical system. This approach has some advantages. Namely, the structure of the optical system can be simple and the number of LCD panels in the optical system can be decreased.
Key words3D-TV computer generated hologram hologram holography liquid crystal display time division multiplexing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Benton: Proc. SPIE Vol. IS# 08 (1991) 247.Google Scholar
- 2.N. Hashimoto, K. Hoshino and S. Morokawa: Proc. SPIE 1667 (1992) 2.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Maeno, N. Fukaya, O. Nishikawa, K. Sato and T. Honda: Proc. SPIE 2652 (1996) 15.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Ito, T. Shimobaba, H. Godo and M. Horiuchi: Opt. Lett. 27 (2002) 1406.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Sato: J. Inst. Telev. Eng. Jpn. 48 (1994) 1261 [in Japanese].Google Scholar
- 6.K. Takano, N. Minami and K. Sato: Proc. SPIE 4659 (2002) 61.Google Scholar
- 7.T. Shimobaba and T. Ito: IEICE Information and Systems Society Conf, 2001, D-11-65 [in Japanese].Google Scholar