Enhanced electrochemical stability of carbon quantum dots-incorporated and ferrous-coordinated polypyrrole for supercapacitor
- 93 Downloads
Carbon quantum dots-incorporated and ferrous-coordinated polypyrrole (CQDs/PPy-Fe) was designed as active electrode material of supercapacitors to improve electrochemical stability of PPy. The CQDs/PPy-Fe was prepared by incorporating CQDs into PPy-Fe which was formed through electropolymerization of ferrous chloride-coordinated pyrrole monomer. The ferrous-coordinated pyrrole monomer-kept tetrahedron structure could restrain volume swelling or shrinkage of PPy during the charge/discharge process, accordingly leading to improved cycling stability. In addition, the modification of CQDs could enhance the electrical conductivity of PPy and further improved rate capability of PPy. Specifically, CQDs/PPy-Fe showed lower capacity decay ratio of 45.4% than PPy (59.1%) from 1.0 to 20.0 A g−1. The capacitance retention ratio after 2000 cycles of CQDs/PPy-Fe and PPy was 94.6 and 79.4% at 20.0 A g−1, respectively. Moreover, symmetrical supercapacitor based on CQDs/PPy-Fe exhibited high capacitance and cycling stability. The design of CQDs/PPy-Fe presents the promising supercapacitor application for electrochemical energy storage.
KeywordsCarbon quantum dots Electrochemical stability Ferrous-coordinated polypyrrole Supercapacitor application
The work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21373047), Graduate Innovation Program of Jiangsu Province (KYLX16_0265), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2242017K41022), and the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions.
- 19.Jung H-C, Won D-H, Yoon D-J, Kim Y-S, Kim B-I (2008) A study on the electronic structures of Li intercalated vanadium sulfide and oxide. J Korean Inst Met 46:604–608Google Scholar
- 22.Demchenko AP, Dekaliuk MO (2013) Novel fluorescent carbonic nanomaterials for sensing and imaging. Methods Appl Fluoresc 1:1–17Google Scholar
- 38.Iturregui A, Arrieta N, Aramendia J, Arrizabalaga I, Murelaga X, Ignacio Baceta J, Angeles Olazabal M, Martinez-Arkarazo I, Manuel Madariaga J (2016) In-situ and laboratory Raman spectroscopic analysis on beachrock deposits: Characterisation of the trapped materials. J Raman Spectrosc 47:329–336CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 39.Ortiz-Morales M, Soto-Bernal JJ, Frausto-Reyes C, Acosta-Ortiz SE, Gonzalez-Mota R, Rosales-Candelas I (2015) Raman spectroscopic analysis of iron chromium oxide microspheres generated by nanosecond pulsed laser irradiation on stainless steel. Spectrochim Acta Part A 145:505–510CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 40.Banisharif A, Khodadadi AA, Mortazavi Y, Firooz AA, Beheshtian J, Agah S, Menbari S (2015) Highly active Fe2O3-doped TiO2 photocatalyst for degradation of trichloroethylene in air under UV and visible light irradiation: Experimental and computational studies. Appl Catal B 165:209–221CrossRefGoogle Scholar