Porous Si coated with S-doped carbon as anode material for lithium ion batteries
- 1.7k Downloads
A novel porous Si/S-doped carbon composite was prepared by a magnesiothermic reaction of mesoporous SiO2, subsequently coating with a sulfur-containing polymer-poly(3,4-ethylene dioxythiophene), and a post-carbonization process. The as-prepared Si composite was homogeneously coated with disordered S-doped carbon with 2.6 wt.% S in the composite and retained a high surface area of 58.8 m2 g−1. The Si/S-doped carbon composite exhibited superior electrochemical performance and long cycle life as an anode material in lithium ion cells, showing a stable reversible capacity of 450 mAh g−1 even at a high current rate of 6,000 mA g−1.
KeywordsPorous Si Magnesiothermic reaction S-doped carbon Lithium ion battery
This work was supported by the National Science Foundation of China (50973112), the Hundred Talents Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), CAS—Guangdong Collaboration Program (20108), and Guangzhou Municipal Science & Technology Project (11A44061500).
- 5.Chan CK, Ruffo R, Hong SS, Huggins RA, Cui Y (2009) Structural and electrochemical study of the reaction of. lithium withsilicon nanowires. J Power Sources 189:34–39Google Scholar
- 21.Santos V, Zeni M, Bergmann CP, Hohemberger JM (2008) Correlation between thermal treatment and tetragonal/monoclinic nanostructured zirconia powder obtained by sol-gel process. Rev Adv Mater Sci 17:62–70Google Scholar
- 22.Alvarez A, Guzmán C, Carbone A, Saccà A, Gatto I, Pedicini R, Passalacqua E, Nava R, Ornelas R, Ledesma-García J, Arriaga LG (2011) Composite membranes based on micro and mesostructured silica: a comparison of physicochemical and transport properties. J Power Sources 196:5394–5401CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.Saravanan R, Robert MC (2009) Local structure of the thermoelectric material Mg2Si using XRD. J Alloy Compd 479:26–31Google Scholar
- 31.Chen K, Bao ZH, Liu D, Zhu XR, Zhang ZH, Zhou B (2011) Confined synthesis and properties of porous silicon from silica aerogel templates by magnesiothermic reduction. Acta Phys-Chim Sin 27:2719–2725Google Scholar
- 34.Qiu CC, Wang JK, Mao SM, Guo WH, Cheng SJ, Wang YX (2010) Preparation of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)/poly(styrene sulfonate) (PEDT/PSS) composite and its applications in anti-static coating. Polym Advan Technol 21:651–655Google Scholar