Electrochemical determination of thermodynamic properties of DyRhO3 and phase relations in the system Dy-Rh-O
- 118 Downloads
By using the thermodynamic data for DyRhO3 from experiment and auxiliary data for other phases from the literature, the phase relations in the system Dy-Rh-O are computed. Thermodynamic data for intermetallic phases in the binary system Dy-Rh, required for constructing the chemical potential diagrams, are evaluated using calorimetric data available in the literature for three intermetallics and Miedema’s model, consistent with the phase diagram. The results are presented in the form of Gibbs triangle, oxygen potential–composition diagram, and three-dimensional chemical potential diagram at 1,273 K. Temperature–composition diagrams at constant oxygen partial pressures are also developed. The decomposition temperature of DyRhO3 is 1,732 (±2.5) K in pure oxygen and 1,624 (±2.5) K and in air at standard pressure.
KeywordsSolid-state electrochemical cell DyRhO3 3-D chemical potential diagram O-type perovskite structure Dy-Rh binary system Oxygen potential
K. T. Jacob is grateful to the Indian National Academy of Engineering for support as INAE Distinguished Professor. Preeti Gupta thanks the University Grants Commission, India, for the award of Dr. D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 1.Jarret HH, Kung HHC, Sleight AW (1979) US Patent 4144147Google Scholar
- 3.Goodenough JB (1963) Magnetism and the chemical bond. Wiley Interscience, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 8.Pankratz LB (1982)Thermodynamic properties of elements and oxides, Bulletin 672, United State Bureau of MinesGoogle Scholar
- 10.Massalski TB, Subramanian PR, Okamoto H, Kacprzak L (1990) Binary alloy phase diagrams, 2nd edn. ASM, OhioGoogle Scholar
- 13.de Boer FR, Boom R, Mattens WCM, Miedema AR, Niessen AK (1988) In: de Boer FR, Pettifor DG (eds) Cohesion in metals: transition metal alloys. New York, ElsevierGoogle Scholar