The TianHe-1A Supercomputer: Its Hardware and Software
- 530 Downloads
This paper presents an overview of TianHe-1A (TH-1A) supercomputer, which is built by National University of Defense Technology of China (NUDT). TH-1A adopts a hybrid architecture by integrating CPUs and GPUs, and its interconnect network is a proprietary high-speed communication network. The theoretical peak performance of TH-1A is 4700 TFlops, and its LINPACK test result is 2566 TFlops. It was ranked the No. 1 on the TOP500 List released in November, 2010. TH-1A is now deployed in National Supercomputer Center in Tianjin and provides high performance computing services. TH-1A has played an important role in many applications, such as oil exploration, weather forecast, bio-medical research.
KeywordsTianHe-1A supercomputer hybrid architecture Kylin operating system power computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- http://www.top500.org/lists/2010/11, Dec. 1, 2010.
- Yang X, Yan X, Xing Z, Deng Y, Jiang J, Zhang Y. A 64-bit stream processor architecture for scientific applications. In Proc. ISCA2007, San Diego, USA, June 9–13, 2007, pp.210-219.Google Scholar
- http://www.top500.org/lists/2009/11, Dec. 1, 2010.
- Rountree B, Lowenthal D K. Bounding energy consumption in largescale MPI programs. In Proc. SC2007, Nevada, USA, Nov. 10–16, 2007, pp.1–9.Google Scholar
- Kirk D. NVIDIA CUDA software and GPU parallel computing architecture. In Proc. ISMM2007, Montreal, Canada, Oct. 21–22, 2007, pp.103–104.Google Scholar
- http://www.totalviewtech.com/home/, Dec. 1, 2010.
- http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/43395/NV DS Tesla M2050 M2070 Apr10 LowRes.pdf, Dec. 1, 2010.