Justification criteria for vertebral fractures: year 2012 revision
Justification Criteria for Vertebral Fractures 2012 version was made based on new clinical findings. Major differences in this version compared to the 1996 version are inclusion of the semiquantitative method (SQ), statements to improve considerations during radiographic analysis, and the need for more detailed evaluation by MRI.
KeywordsJustification criteria Vertebral fractures Semiquantitative method MRI
- 1.Orimo H, Sugioka Y, Fukunaga H, et al (1997) Diagnostic criteria for primary osteoporosis: year 1996 revision. Nihon Kotsutaisha Gakkai Zasshi 14:219–233Google Scholar
- 6.Yamamoto K, Inoue T, Takahashi H et al (1995) Criteria of pointing and ruled line for measurement of vertebral deformities on X-ray. Orthopedic Surgery 46:5–17Google Scholar
- 7.Nakano T, Inaba D, Takada K et al. (2003) Osteoporos Jpn 11:747–750 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 8.Kato Y, Kaneya K, Wada K et al (2009) Magnetic resonance imaging follow-up study in the evaluation of vertebral fractures in osteoporotic patients-randomized control clinical study. Osteoporos Jpn 17:218–221Google Scholar
- 9.Japanese 2011 Guideline for Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis. Tokyo: Life Science Publishing; 2011Google Scholar