Reference material in residue control: assessment of matrix effects
- 129 Downloads
The production of certified reference materials (CRM) requires a comprehensive consideration of which analytes and materials to select. The present study describes the pre-tests for the production of CRM for nitroimidazoles in plasma or muscle. By means of a commutability study, four factors, namely matrix (plasma – muscle), species (turkey – pig), matrix condition (fresh - lyophilized) and measurement technique (GC-NCI/MS-LC-MSMS) were checked for their usability. The results showed that the matrices, matrix conditions, as well as the species analyzed did not produce any relevantly different measurement results. Varying significantly and subject to a systematic error were those results which were determined by means of different measurement techniques.
KeywordsCommutability study CRM OptiVal InterVal Experimental design
The financial support of the European Commission is gratefully acknowledged.
- 1.Council Directive (EC) 96/23 of 29 April 1996 Off J, No L 125 (1996) 10Google Scholar
- 6.WTO (2006) http://www.wto.org/English/tratop_e/sps_e/spsagr_e. htm#Article2Google Scholar
- 7.EURACHEM (2003) Traceability in chemical measurement: http://www.eurachem.ul.pt/Google Scholar
- 8.Commission Decision (EC) 2002/794 of 11 October 2002 Off J, L 276 (2002) 66Google Scholar
- 9.Commission Decision (EC) 2002/69 of 30 January 2002 Off J, L 30 (2002) 50Google Scholar
- 10.Commission decision (EC) 2005/34 of 11 January 2005 Off J, L 16 (2005) 61Google Scholar
- 11.WTO Report of the Panel, United States – Safeguard measures on imports of fresh, chilled or frozen lamb meat from New Zealand and Australia, WT/DS177/RWT/DS178/R21 December 2000 http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/distab_e.htmGoogle Scholar
- 12.WTO Report of the Panel, Korea – Measures affecting import of fresh, chilled and frozen beef, WT/DS161/RWT/DS169/R31 July 2000 http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/distab_e.htmGoogle Scholar
- 13.InterValplus/OptiVal, software for method optimisation and validation, quo data ltd., Dresden, Germany, email@example.comGoogle Scholar
- 14.Voogd CE (1981) Mutat Res 86:243Google Scholar
- 15.Council Regulation (EEC) 2377/90 of 26 June 1990 Off J, L 224 (1990) 1Google Scholar