Ensembling three multicomponent reactions for the synthesis of a novel category of pseudo-peptides containing dithiocarbamate and N,X-heterocylic groups
- 62 Downloads
Consecutive multicomponent reactions have been applied for the synthesis of novel pseudo-peptides bearing dithiocarbamate and N,X-heterocyclic groups (X = S, O) in only one structure. The first multicomponent reaction includes the synthesis of dithiocarbamates using an amine or amino acid, CS2 and an electrophile. The second MCR is synthesis of Asinger imines using 2-chloroisobutyraldehyde, NaXH (X = S, O), ketone and ammonia. The final MCR is Ugi reaction to afford the corresponding three-dimensional pseudo-peptides. Various Asinger imines, carboxylic acids and isocyanides were applied in this protocol to provide diversities of pseudo-peptides in high to excellent yields.
KeywordsConsecutive multicomponent reaction Pseudo-peptide Dithiocarbamate Asinger imine Ugi reaction
We are grateful to the Iran National Science Foundation: INSF, Grant number 95829698, for supporting this work. We also thank the research council of Kharazmi University (Grant number D/2056) for supporting this work. We are thankful to the central analytic section of the University of Oldenburg for retrieving NMR and MS data.
Conceived and designed the experiments: AZH; JM. Performed the experiments and analyzed the data: MK; MF. X-ray data: MS. Wrote the paper: AZH; JM; MK; MF.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
Informed consent was obtained from all individual participants included in the study.
- Asinger F, Schäfer W, Halcour K, Saus A, Triem H (1964) The course of the Willgerodt-Kindler reaction of alkyl aryl ketones. Angew Chem 68:377Google Scholar
- Herrera RP, Marques-Lopez E (2015) Multicomponent reactions: concepts and applications for design and synthesis. John Wiley & Sons, WeinheimGoogle Scholar
- Stalling T, Martens J (2013) Synthesis of tricyclic lactams from heterocyclic imines. Synthesis 45:355–364Google Scholar
- Ugi I, Meyr R, Fetzer U, Steinbrückner C (1959) Versuche mit isonitrilen. Angew Chem 71:386Google Scholar
- Zhu J, Wang Q, Wang MX (2015) Multicomponent reactions in organic synthesis. Wiley-VCH, WeinheimGoogle Scholar