Advances in the synthesis of α-quaternary α-ethynyl α-amino acids
- 492 Downloads
α-Quaternary α-ethynyl α-amino acids are an important class of non-proteinogenic amino acids that play an important role in the development of peptides and peptidomimetics as therapeutic agents and in the inhibition of enzyme activities. This review provides an overview of the literature concerning synthesis and applications of α-quaternary α-ethynyl α-amino acids covering the period from 1977 to 2015.
Keywordsα-Quaternary α-ethynyl α-amino acids Quaternary amino acid Unsaturated amino acid
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
We gratefully thank the French “ministère de l’éducation nationale, de l’enseignement supérieur et de la recherche” and the University of Nîmes for their financial support.
The manuscript does not contain clinical studies or patient data.
- Bennett NJ, Prodger JC, Pattenden G (2007) A synthesis of a common intermediate to the lactone–pyrrolidinone ring systems in oxazolomycin A and neooxazolomycin. Tetrahedron, Tetrahedron 50th anniversary symposium-in-print (part 2) 63: 6216–6231Google Scholar
- Degenkolb T, Berg A, Gams W, Schlegel B, Gräfe U (2003) The occurrence of peptaibols and structurally related peptaibiotics in fungi and their mass spectrometric identification via diagnostic fragment ions. J. Pept. Sci. Off. Publ. Eur. Pept. Soc. 9:666–678Google Scholar
- Kotha S, Ghosh AK (2004) The Diels-Alder Approach for the synthesis of tetralin-based α-amino acid derivatives and their modification by the Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reaction. Synthesis 558–567Google Scholar
- Maycock A, Aster S, Patchett A (1979) A suicide inactivation of decarboxylases. Dev Biochem 115Google Scholar
- O’Connor SJ, Liu Z (2003) A concise synthesis of sterically hindered 3-amino-2-oxindoles. Synlett 2135–2138Google Scholar
- Ochiai M, Ito T, Takaoka Y, Masaki Y, Kunishima M, Tani S, Nagao Y (1990) Synthesis of ethynyl(phenyl)iodonium tetrafluoroborate. A new reagent for ethynylation of 1,3-dicarbonyl compounds. J Chem Soc Chem Commun 118–119Google Scholar
- Sawyer K (1997) Structure-based drug design: disease, targets, techniques and developments. Veerapandian P (eds) Marcel Dekker, New-York, p 559Google Scholar
- Schöllkopf U, Westphalen K-O, Schröder J, Horn K (1988) Asymmetric syntheses via heterocyclic intermediates, XL. Studies on the acylation of lithiated bislactim ethers of cyclo(-L-Val-Ala-) and cyclo(-L-Val-Gly-) Asymmetric synthesis of (R)-α-alkenyl and (R)-α-ethinyl alanine methyl esters by the bislactim ether method. Liebigs Ann Chem 1988:781–786CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Walsh C (1979) Enzymatic reaction mechanisms. W H. Freeman, San FranciscoGoogle Scholar