Chemoenzymatic routes to enantiomerically pure 2-azatyrosine and 2-, 3- and 4-pyridylalanine derivatives
- 478 Downloads
Enantiomerically pure 2-, 3- or 4-pyridylalanine (pya) and 2-azatyrosine (azatyr) are known to present various biological activities. After incorporation into appropriate peptide sequences, these heterocyclic non natural α-amino acids could behave as new substrates or inhibitors of elastase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. This enzyme is known to be involved in nosocomial infections and infections related to the cystic fibrosis disease. New efficient chemoenzymatic preparations of those compounds using α-chymotrypsin (α-CT) are presented.
KeywordsHeterocyclic α-amino acids Pyridyl alanine Azatyrosine Chemoenzymatic route Pseudomonas aeruginosa elastase
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Agafonova GA, Gerasimova NE, Guseva MV, Krainova BL, Petrova TV, Pozdnev VF, Chaman ES (1970) Peptides with unnatural amino acids. I. β-Pyridyl-α-alanines and their N-acyl derivatives. Zhurnal Obshchei Khimii 40:2502–2507Google Scholar
- Bouifraden S, Drouot C, El Hadrami M, Guenoun F, Lecointe L, Mai N, Paris M, Pothion C, Sadoune M, Sauvagnat B, Amblard M, Aubagnac JL, Calmes M, Chevallet P, Daunis J, Enjalbal C, Fehrentz JA, Lamaty F, Lavergne JP, Lazaro R, Rolland V, Roumestant ML, Viallefont P, Vidal Y, Martinez J (1999) Some of the amino acid chemistry going on in the laboratory of amino acids, peptides, and proteins. Amino Acids 16:345–379PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Lecointe L, Rolland V, Pappalardo L, Roumestant ML, Viallefont P, Martinez J (2000) Diastereoselective synthesis of non-proteinogenic α-amino acids. J Peptide Res Off J Am Peptide Soc 55:300–307Google Scholar
- Pappalardo L, Receveur JM, Rolland V, Sadoune M, Vidal Y, Viallefont P, Roumestant ML (1999) Synthesis of enantiomerically pure amino acids. Rec Res Dev Synt Org Chem 2:35–47Google Scholar
- Application: US, US Patent, 83-479645, 4504414, 1985Google Scholar