Study of Magnetic Behavior of Salts of Cationic Dinitrosyl Iron Complexes with Thiocarbamide and its Derivatives
- 110 Downloads
We report magnetic characterization and theoretical modeling of a series of four salts of cationic dinitrosyl iron complexes with thiocarbamide and its derivatives. To explain unusual magnetic behavior of these complexes we have assumed that constituent nitrosyl groups possess not only spins but also unquenched orbital angular momenta. With the aid of this assumption we were able to explain the observed temperature dependences of the effective magnetic moment for all members of the series and to establish magneto-structural correlations.
KeywordsCrystal Field Magnetic Behavior Orbital Angular Momentum Pure Spin Nitrosyl
We express our gratitude to PhD D.V. Korchagin and PhD G.V. Shilov for useful discussion and analysis of specific features of the crystalline structure of complexes 1–4. We express our gratitude to M. Z. Aldoshina. The work has been performed under financial support of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 14-03-00272).
- 5.Fu-Te Tsai, S.-J. Chiou, M.-C. Tsai, M.-Li Tsai, H.-W. Huang, M.-H. Chiang, W.-F. Liaw, Inorg. Chem. 44, 16, 5872 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.T.C. Harrop, Z.J. Tonzetich, E. Reisner, S.J. Lippard, JACS 130, 46, 15602 (2008)Google Scholar
- 18.N.A. Sanina, S.M. Aldoshin, N.Yu. Shmatko, D.V. Korchagin, G.V. Shilov, E.V. Knyaz’kina, N.S. Ovanesyan, A.V. Kulikov, New J. Chem. 1022, 39 (2015)Google Scholar
- 19.N.A. Sanina, N.Yu. Shmatko, D.V. Korchagin, G.V. Shilov, A.A.Terent’ev, T.S. Stupina, A.A. Balakina, N.V. Komleva, N.S. Ovanesyan, A.V. Kulikov, S.M. Aldoshin, Eur. J. of Med. Chem. (2015). In pressGoogle Scholar
- 22.O. Kahn, Molecular Magnetism (VCH Publishers, New York, 1993)Google Scholar