Shallow Donors and Deep-Level Color Centers in Bulk AlN Crystals: EPR, ENDOR, ODMR and Optical Studies
- 331 Downloads
The results of studies of shallow donors and deep-level color centers in bulk AlN crystals are presented. Two shallow donors (presumably oxygen located on the nitrogen site and carbon located on the aluminum site) are suggested to exhibit the DX-relaxation. Third shallow donor (presumably silicon on the Al site) shows the shallow donor behavior up to the room temperature and can be observed without light excitation at temperatures above 200 K. The values of the Bohr radius of the shallow donors are estimated. The structure of deep-level color centers (neutral nitrogen vacancy V N) in bulk AlN crystals is determined and analyzed by electron paramagnetic resonance, electron-nuclear double resonance, optical absorption and thermoluminescence induced by X-ray irradiation. Spin-dependent recombination processes in AlN crystals are studied by means of optically detected magnetic resonance.
This work has been supported by Ministry of Education and Science, Russia, under the contract nos. 8017 and 8568; by the programs of the Russian Academy of Sciences: “Spin Phenomena in Solid State Nanostructures and Spintronics” and “Fundamentals of nanostructure and nanomaterial technologies”, and by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research under grant nos. 12-02-01011, 13-02-00821 and 13-02-00802.
- 11.V.A. Soltamov, I.V. Ilyin, A.A. Soltamova, E.N. Mokhov, P.G. Baranov, J. Appl. Phys. 107, 113515 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.E.R. Glaser, T.A. Kennedy, W.E. Carlos, J.A. Freitas Jr., A.E. Wickenden, D.D. Koleske, Phys. Rev. B 57, 57–8957 (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.K. Irmscher, T. Schulz, M. Albrecht, C. Hartmann, J. Wollweber, Fornari R Phys. B (2007) 401–402, 323Google Scholar
- 23.G.A. Slack, L.J. Schowalter, D. Morelli, J.A. Freitas Jr., (2002) J. Cryst. Growth 246, 287Google Scholar
- 24.Yu.N. Makarov, O.V. Avdeev, I.S. et al., J. Cryst. Growth. Dev. Aging 310, 881 (2008)Google Scholar
- 29.V.S. Vainer, V.I. Veinger, V.A. Il’in, V.F. Tsvetkov, Sov. Phys. Solid State 22, 2011 (1980)Google Scholar
- 30.V.S. Vainer, V.A. Il’in, Sov. Phys. Solid State 23, 2126 (1981)Google Scholar
- 31.N.M. Pavlov, M.I. Iglitsyn, M.G. Kosaganova, V.N. Solomatin, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 9, 845 (1976)Google Scholar
- 32.N.G. Romanov, V.A. Vetrov, P.G. Baranov, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 20, 96 (1986)Google Scholar