The Influence of Pressure in Paracetamol Tablet Compaction on 14N Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance Signal
- 257 Downloads
14N nuclear quadrupole resonance (14N NQR) of several commercially available paracetamol tablets was measured. The spectra of two polymorphs are presented. The linewidths of the correspondent 14N NQR lines in all the measured samples containing the room-temperature stable monoclinic polymorph were noticeably different. We proved experimentally that the linewidth differences are the consequence of different compacting pressure in the production of tablets.
KeywordsActive Pharmaceutical Ingredient Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance Compaction Pressure Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance Frequency
This research was supported by the Slovenian Research Agency (Program P2-0348) and by the EU-FP7 Project CONPHIRMER.
- 1.T.P. Das, E.L. Hahn, Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance Spectroscopy (Academic Press, New York, 1958)Google Scholar
- 2.A. Abragam, The Principles of Nuclear Magnetism (Clarendon, Oxford, 1961)Google Scholar
- 4.Millions of counterfeit drugs seized in the EU, http://topnews.in/millions-counterfeit-drugs-seized-eu-299089
- 5.J.Barras, K. Althoefer, M.D. Rowe, I.J. Poplett, J.A.S. Smith, Appl. Magn. Reson., publ. online 22 March 2012Google Scholar
- 10.M. Haisa, S. Kashino, H. Maeda, Acta Cryst. B30, 2510 (1974)Google Scholar
- 11.M. Haisa, S. Kashino, R. Kawai, H. Maeda, Acta Cryst. B32, 1283 (1976)Google Scholar
- 12.I.D.H. Oswald, D.R. Allan, P.A. McGregor, W.D.S. Motherwell, S. Parsons, C.R. Pulham, Acta Cryst. B58, 1057 (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.Z. Lavrič, J. Lužnik, Z. Trontelj, S. Srčič, Eur. J. Pharmac. Sci. 44, Suppl.1 (Proceedings 4th BBBB Conference on Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bled, Slovenia), 113 (2011)Google Scholar