High-Field and Multifrequency ESR in the Two-Dimensional Triangular Lattice Antiferromagnet NiGa2S4
- 61 Downloads
We report the experimental results of electron spin resonance in high magnetic fields up to about 53 T on the quasi-two-dimensional triangular lattice antiferromagnet NiGa2S4. The temperature dependence of the resonance field at 584.8 GHz shows a steep change below about 30 K, indicating a development of the short-range correlation. The frequency dependence of the resonance field at the lowest temperature for H∥c is explained by one of the helical resonance modes. These experimental results suggest that the short-range order is well developed at low temperatures, and the resonance mode is described by a conventional spin wave theory.
KeywordsElectron Spin Resonance Resonance Mode Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance Electron Spin Resonance Measurement Resonance Field
This work was supported in part by Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) (No. 20340089) and Scientific Research on Priority Areas (No. 19052003 and No. 17072005) and by Global COE program (Core Research and Engineering of Advanced Materials-Interdisciplinary Education Center for Materials Science), all from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in Japan.
- 2.A. Läuchli, F. Mila, K. Penc, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 087205-1-4 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.H. Kawamura, A. Yamamoto, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 76, 073704-1-4 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Nambu, S. Nakatsuji, Y. Maeno, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 75, 043711-1-4 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.K. Takubo, T. Mizokawa, J.-Y. Son, Y. Nambu, S. Nakatsuji, Y. Maeno, Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 037203-1-4 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.S. Nakatsuji, H. Tonomura, K. Onuma, Y. Nambu, O. Sakai, Y. Maeno, R.T. Macaluso, J.Y. Chan, Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 150723-1-4 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.H. Takeya, K. Ishida, K. Kitagawa, Y. Ihara, K. Onuma, Y. Maeno, Y. Nambu, S. Nakatsuji, D.E. MacLaughlin, A. Koda, R. Kadono, Phys. Rev. B 77, 054429-1-13 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.A.I. Smirnov, H. Yashiro, S. Kimura, M. Hagiwara, Y. Narumi, K. Kindo, A. Kikkawa, K. Katsumata, A.Ya. Shapiro, L.N. Demianets, Phys. Rev. B 75, 134412-1-7 (2007)Google Scholar