Reflection and transmission between thermoelastic and initially stressed fiber-reinforced thermoelastic half-spaces under dual-phase-lag model
- 18 Downloads
Reflection and transmission phenomena at the plane interface between thermoelastic half-space and an initially stressed fiber-reinforced thermoelastic half-space are analyzed. The formulation is applied to generalized thermoelasticity based on the dual-phase-lag theory. Using convenient boundary conditions, the amplitude ratios and energy ratios for the reflected and transmitted waves are derived, and the numerical computations are carried out with the help of MATLAB programming. The numerical values of the modulus of reflection and transmission coefficients are presented graphically to highlight fiber-reinforced and initial stress parameter effects. The expressions of energy ratios obtained in explicit form are shown graphically as functions of angle of incidence. It has been verified that during reflection and transmission phenomena, the sum of energy ratios is equal to unity at each angle of incidence. The effect of anisotropy on velocities of reflected and transmitted waves is also depicted.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
One of the authors, Suresh Kumar Sheokand, is thankful to University Grants Commission, New Delhi, for the financial support Vide Letter No. F. 17-11/2008(SA-1).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.Pipkin, A.C.: Finite deformations of ideal fiber-reinforced composites. In: Sendeckyj, G.P. (ed.) Composites Materials, vol. 2, pp. 251–308. Academic, New York (1973)Google Scholar
- 3.Rogers, T.G.: Anisotropic elastic and plastic materials. In: Thoft-Christensen, P. (ed.) Continuum Mechanics Aspects of Geodynamics and Rock Fracture, Mechanics Reidel, pp. 177–200 (1975)Google Scholar
- 14.Deswal, S., Punia, B.S., Kalkal, K.K.: Reflection of plane waves at the initially stressed surface of a fiber-reinforced thermoelastic half space with temperature dependent properties. Int. J. Mech. Mater. Des. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10999-018-9406-9
- 15.Deswal, S., Sheokand, S.K., Kalkal, K.K.: Reflection at the free surface of fiber-reinforced thermoelastic rotating medium with two-temperature and phase-lag. Appl. Math. Model. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2018.08.004
- 36.Ignaczak, J., Ostoja-Starzewski, M.: Thermoelasticity with Finite Wave Speeds, Oxford Mathematical Monographs. Oxford University Press, Oxford (2010)Google Scholar
- 39.Dhaliwal, R.S., Singh, A.: Dynamic Coupled Thermoelasticity. Hindustan Publication Corporation, New Delhi (1980)Google Scholar