Voltammetric determination of plant hormone indole-3-butyric acid in acidic media employing boron-doped diamond electrode
- 36 Downloads
Simple voltammetric approach, based on differential pulse voltammetry in combination with boron-doped diamond electrode (BDDE) as a sensor, was developed for rapid and precise determination of indole-3-butyric acid (IBA). The proposed method was based on the knowledge of IBA behavior in the acidic media, which was examined by nuclear magnetic resonance and mass spectrometry. Two distinctive products were identified. Therefore, one voltammetric “double signal” belonging probably to the oxidation of the IBA transformation products was recorded on a bare BDDE in medium of 0.6 mol dm−3 H2SO4. Parameters of differential pulse voltammetry were optimized and under the found conditions, it was reached good sensitivity, which enabled monitoring of phytohormones level in synthetic growth stimulators with sufficient results.
KeywordsIndole-3-butyric acid Voltammetry Electrochemistry Mass spectrometry Nuclear magnetic resonance Phytochemistry
This paper was supported by The University of Pardubice (SD373001/82/30350(2016)) and by the grant project of The Czech Science Foundation (Project No. 17-03868S).
- 1.Epstein E, Lavee S (1984) Plant Cell Physiol 25:697Google Scholar
- 2.Kutina J (1977) Regulátory růstu a jejich využití v zemědělství a zahradnictví. Státní zemědělské nakladatelství, PrahaGoogle Scholar
- 12.Chýlková J, Janíková L, Jehlička V, Šelešovská R (2018) J Anal Chem (accepted)Google Scholar
- 13.Chýlková J, Jehlička V, Janíková L, Šelešovská R, Tomášková M (2017) Simultaneous voltammetric determination of plant hormones indole-3-acetic acid and indole-3-butyric acid on a boron-doped diamond electrode. In: Proceedings of the international conference modern electrochemical methods XXXVII, Jetřichovice, p 76Google Scholar
- 21.Yardim Y, Senturk Z (2011) Turk J Chem 35:413Google Scholar