Solvent extraction of univalent cations into nitrobenzene using sodium dicarbollylcobaltate and tetraphenyl p-tert-butylcalixarene tetraketone
- 39 Downloads
From extraction experiments and γ-activity measurements, the exchange extraction constants corresponding to the equilibrium M +(aq) + 1 · Na+ (nb) ⇄ 1 · M + (nb) + Na+ (aq) taking place in the two-phase water-nitrobenzene system (M + = Li+, H3O+, NH4 +, Ag+, K+, Rb+, Tl+, Cs+; 1 = tetraphenyl p-tert-butylcalixarene tetraketone; aq = aqueous phase, nb = nitrobenzene phase) were evaluated. Moreover, the stability constants of the 1 · M + complexes in water saturated nitrobenzene were calculated; they were found to increase in the order Cs+ < Rb+ < Tl+ < K+ < NH4 + < Ag+ < H3O+ < Li+.
KeywordsCalixarenes; Macrocycles; Complexation; Univalent cations; Stability constants.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gutsche, CD 1998Calixarenes RevisitedThe Royal Society of ChemistryCambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Rais, J 1971Collect Czech Chem Commun363253Google Scholar
- Makrlík, E, Božek, F 1998Polish J Chem72949Google Scholar
- Makrlík, E, Hálová, J, Kyrš, M 1984Collect Czech Chem Commun4939Google Scholar
- Makrlík E, Vaňura P (unpublished results)Google Scholar
- Makrlík, E, Vaňura, P 2007Z Phys Chem221881Google Scholar