Complete genomic sequence of tea-oil camellia deltapartitivirus 1, a novel virus from Camellia oleifera
- 87 Downloads
Three viral contig sequences, which represented complete genome of a novel virus with three dsRNAs of 1,712 nucleotides (nt) (dsRNA1), 1,504 nt (dsRNA2) and 1,353 nt (dsRNA3), were found in tea-oil camellia plants by high-throughput sequencing analysis. The three dsRNAs were re-sequenced by RT-PCR cloning. The largest dsRNA, dsRNA1, had a single open reading frame (ORF) that encoded a putative 52.7-kDa protein of a putative viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp). DsRNA2 and dsRNA3 were predicted to encode putative capsid proteins (CPs) of 40.47 kDa and 40.59 kDa, respectively. The virus, which is provisionally named “tea-oil camellia deltapartitivirus 1”, shared amino acid sequence itentities of 36.09-69.18% with members of the genus Deltapartitivirus on RdRp. Phylogenetic analysis based on RdRp also placed the new virus and other deltapartitiviruses together in a group, suggesting that this virus should be considered a new member of the genus Deltapartitivirus.
This work was supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Research Service, under research project 1215-22000-302-00D “Characterizing and Detecting Pathogens to Ensure Safe Exchange of Plant Germplasm” and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant no. 31860525).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
All authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any research involving humans or animals.
- 4.Szego A, Enunlu N, Lukacs N (2010) Complete nucleotide sequence and genome characterization of Beetcryptic virus 2. Plant Physiol Biochem 40:267–276Google Scholar
- 8.Sabanadzovic S, Ghanem-Sabanadzovic NA (2008) Molecular characterization and detection of a tripartite crypticvirus from rose. J Plant Pathol 90:287–293Google Scholar
- 9.Vainio EJ, Chiba S, Ghabrial SA, Maiss E, Roossinck M, Sabanadzovic S, Suzuki N, Xie J, Nibert M (2019) Deltapartitivirus. In: Virus taxonomy, the online (10th) report of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. https://talk.ictvonline.org/ictv-reports/ictv.online.report/dsrna-viruses/w/partitiviridae/779/genus-deltapartitivirus
- 14.Nicholas KB, Nicholas HB Jr (1997) GeneDoc: a tool for editing and annotating multiple sequence alignments. Distributed by the authors. http://www.psc.edu/biomed/genedoc
- 16.Bruenm JA (1993) A closely related group of RNA-dependent RNA polymerases from double-stranded RNA viruses. Nucleic Acids Res 21:2667–5669Google Scholar