Phosphorene nanocomposite with high environmental stability and antifouling capability for simultaneous sensing of clenbuterol and ractopamine
- 54 Downloads
A series of phosphorene (BP) nanocomposites was prepared to realize simultaneous electrochemical determination of clenbuterol (CLB) and ractopamine (RAC). CLB and RAC are the most commonly used β-agonists in animal-derived food. The BP nanohybrid was obtained by co-decoration with both mono(6-mercapto-6-deoxy)-β-cyclodextrin and poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) nanoparticles. It displays high stability, antifouling capability, a large electrochemical active surface and good electrochemical response. The electrochemical assisted antifouling strategy was selected by further eliminating the fouling of the electrode surface using continuous cyclic voltammetry. The electrode was employed for electrochemical sensing of CLB and RAC at typical peak voltages of 0.8 and 1.0 V (vs. SCE). Responses are linear in the 0.3–90 μM concentration range for CLB, and from 0.3 to 9.4 μM for RAC under optimal conditions. The limit of detection are 0.14 and 0.12 μM, respectively. The sensor was employed for simultaneous determination of CLB and RAC in (spiked) beef, feed and bovine serum samples with acceptable recoveries.
KeywordsElectrochemically assisted antifouling strategy Graphene analogue β-Agonists Animal-derived food Continuous cyclic voltammetry
This study was funded by National Beef Cattle Industry Technology & System (CARS-37), National Natural Science Foundation of China (51662014, 51962007, 31660492), Outstanding Young Talent Program of Jiangxi Province (20171BCB23042), Youth project of Natural Science Foundation of JiangxiProvince (20192ACBL21015, 20192BAB204020), Development and Nutrition of Feed for Beef Cattle in Guangchang County (09005392), Jiangxi Provincial Department of Education (GJJ170260).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The author(s) declarethat they have no competing interests .
- 1.Hu LM, Luo K, Xia J, Xu GM, Wu CH, Han JJ, Lai WH (2017) Advantages of time-resolved fluorescent nanobeads compared with fluorescent submicrospheres, quantum dots, and colloidal gold as label in lateral flow assays for detection of ractopamine. Biosens Bioelectron 91:95–103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2016.12.030 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 3.Zhai H, Liu Z, Chen Z, Liang Z, Su Z, Wang S (2015) A sensitive electrochemical sensor with sulfonated graphene sheets/oxygen-functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes modified electrode for the detection of clenbuterol. Sens Atuators B 210:483–490. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2014.12.121 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Yan F, Zhang Y, Zhang S, Zhao J, Liu S, He L, Zhang Z (2015) Carboxyl-modified graphene for use in an immunoassay for the illegal feed additive clenbuterol using surface plasmon resonance and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy. Microchim Acta 182:855–862. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00604-014-1399-y CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Lu S, Bai L, Wen Y, Li M, Yan D, Zhang R, Chen K (2015) Water-dispersed carboxymethyl cellulose-montmorillonite-single walled carbon nanotube composite with enhanced sensing performance for simultaneous voltammetric determination of two trace phytohormones. J Solid State Electrochem 19:2023–2037. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10008-014-2695-5 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 23.Zhang Z, Li Y, Xu J, Wen Y (2018) Electropolymerized molecularly imprinted polypyrrole decorated with black phosphorene quantum dots onto poly (3, 4-ethylenedioxythiophene) nanorods and its voltammetric sensing of vitamin C. J Electroanal Chem 814:153–160. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelechem.2018.02.059 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.Yao Y, Zhang L, Xu J, Wang X, Duan X, Wen Y (2014) Rapid and sensitive stripping voltammetric analysis of methyl parathion in vegetable samples at carboxylic acid-functionalized SWCNTs–β-cyclodextrin modified electrode. J Electroanal Chem 713:1–8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelechem.2013.11.024 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 33.Zhang L, Wang Q, Qi Y, Li L, Wang S, Wang X (2019) An ultrasensitive sensor based on polyoxometalate and zirconium dioxide nanocomposites hybrids material for simultaneous detection of toxic clenbuterol and ractopamine. Sensors Actuators B Chem 288:347–355. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2019.03.033 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 34.Bai W, Huang H, Li Y, Zhang H, Liang B, Guo R, Zhang Z (2014) Direct preparation of well-dispersed graphene/gold nanorod composites and their application in electrochemical sensors for determination of ractopamine. Electrochim Acta 117:322–328. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2013.11.175 CrossRefGoogle Scholar