Simultaneous colorimetric determination of acute myocardial infarction biomarkers by integrating self-assembled 3D gold nanovesicles into a multiple immunosorbent assay
- 12 Downloads
An improved enzyme-free immunosorbent assay is described for the simultaneous detection of the myocardial infarction biomarkers N-terminal pro B type natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP), creatine kinase-MB (CK-MB), and cardiac muscle troponin T (cTnT). The assay integrates 3D gold nanovesicles (GNVs) and three allochroic agents (phenolphthalein, methyl red, bromothymol blue). The pH regulated allochroic agents were enwrapped in GNVs to acts as ultrasensitive nanoprobes. Loading can be controlled by adjusting the temperature to efficiently load and release the allochroic agents. This bare-eye multicolor assay has limits of detection of 70 pg·mL−1 for NT-proBNP, 910 pg·mL−1 for CK-MB, and 7.8 pg·mL−1 for cTnT. Other features include (a) a linear range that extends over a wide range and sometimes is better than conventional HRP-based immunoassays, and (b) a precision that is comparable to immunofluorescence assays as used in the clinical laboratory.
KeywordsEnzyme-free immunosorbent assay Gold nanovesicles Nanoprobes Allochroic agents Multiplex detection N-terminal pro B type natriuretic peptide Creatine kinase-MB Cardiac muscle troponin T Plasma samples
This research work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 81672112, 81702101), Chongqing Technology Innovation and Application Demonstration Project (cstc2018jscx-msybX0010) and Key Project of Education Department of Sichuan(No. 16ZA0181).
Compliance with ethical standards
The author(s) declare that they have no competing interests.
- 3.Jaruvongvanich V, Rattanadech W, Damkerngsuntorn W, Jaruvongvanich S, Vorasettakarnkij Y (2015) CK-MB activity, any additional benefit to negative troponin in evaluating patients with suspected acute myocardial infarction in the emergency department. J Med Assoc Thail 98(10):935–941Google Scholar
- 7.Li X, Chen C, Gan F, Wang Y, Ding L, Hua W (2014) Plasma NT pro-BNP, hs-CRP and big-ET levels at admission as prognostic markers of survival in hospitalized patients with dilated cardiomyopathy: a single-center cohort study. J Am Coll Cardiol 14(16):67–67Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang LZ, Wang YL, Hua-Mei LU, Jian-Liang LI, Feng HU, Fu-Jin LI, Xiao YQ, Huang B, Cui YS (2018) Development of an indirect ELISA for detecting antibodies against rabbit haemorrhagic disease virus. Chin J Prev Vet MedGoogle Scholar
- 21.Li Y, Wu J, Zhang C, Chen Y, Wang Y, Xie M (2017) Manganese dioxide nanoparticle-based colorimetric immunoassay for the detection of alpha-fetoprotein. Microchim Acta 184(8):1–8Google Scholar
- 24.Liang H, Jingwen YE, Jiali LI, Chen C, Guo X, Liu X, Zhong S, Jiexing LI, Laiqing LI (2018) Development and effectiveness evaluation of double label time resolved immunofluorescence assay kit for detection of CEA and NMP22 for bladder cancer. J Mol ImagingGoogle Scholar