Porous covalent organonitridic frameworks for solid-phase extraction of sulfonamide antibiotics
Porous covalent organonitridic frameworks (PCONFs) were applied as a packing in a solid-phase extraction cartridge for rapid extraction of eight sulfonamide antibiotics from complex samples. The detection was performed by liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry under the multiple reaction monitoring mode. This enabled ultrasensitive, dependable and cost-effective simultaneous analysis of sulfacetamide, sulfadiazine, sulfathiazole, sulfapyridine, sulfamerazine, sulfamethazine, sulfamethoxazole and sulfisoxazole. Main parameters affecting the performance of the PCONF-packed cartridge were investigated. Under optimized conditions, this method has attractive features such as wide linear ranges (2.5–1000 ng·L−1), low limits of detection (0.14–2.0 ng·L−1), and good repeatability (intra-day assay: 2.1%–5.6%; inter-day assay: 2.3%–12.9%). It was successfully applied in the analysis of sulfonamide residues in water, milk and chicken meat samples.
KeywordsSample pretreatment Porous organic polymers Organic pollutant Liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry Environmental analysis Food analysis Water Milk Chicken meat
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (21777089 and 21477068), Key Research and Development Program of Shandong Province (2017GSF17107 and 2018GSF117036), Natural Science Foundation of Shandong Province (ZR2018LB033 and ZR2017LB026), Youth Science Funds of Shandong Academy of Sciences (2018QN002), and Shandong Province Taishan Scholar Program (ts201712063).
Compliance with ethical standards
The author(s) declare that they have no competing interests.
- 7.García-Galán MJ, Garrido T, Fraile J, Ginebreda A, Díaz-Cruz MS, Barceló D (2011) Application of fully automated online solid phase extraction-liquid chromatography-electrospray-tandem mass spectrometry for the determination of sulfonamides and their acetylated metabolites in groundwater. Anal Bioanal Chem 399:795–806CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Herrera-Herrera AV, Hernández-Borges J, Afonso MM, Palenzuela JA, Rodríguez-Delgado MÁ (2013) Comparison between magnetic and nonmagnetic multi-walled carbon nanotubes-dispersive solid-phase extraction combined with ultra-high performance liquid chromatography for the determination of sulfonamide antibiotics in water samples. Talanta 116:695–703CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Chen R, Yang YY, Wang N, Hao LJ, Li L, Guo XY, Zhang JC, Hu YZ, Shen WY (2015) Application of packed porous nanofibers-solid-phase extraction for the detection of sulfonamide residues from environmental water samples by ultra high performance liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry. J Sep Sci 38:749–756CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.Chullasat K, Nurerkab P, Kanatharana P, Kueseng P, Sukchuay T, Bunkoedab O (2017) Hybrid monolith sorbent of polypyrrole-coated graphene oxide incorporated into a polyvinyl alcohol cryogel for extraction and enrichment of sulfonamides from water samples. Anal Chim Acta 961:59–66CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 32.Tolmacheva VV, Apyari VV, Furletov AA, Dmitrienko SG, Zolotov YA (2016) Facile synthesis of magnetic hypercrosslinked polystyrene and its application in the magnetic solid-phase extraction of sulfonamides from water and milk samples before their HPLC determination. Talanta 152:203–210CrossRefGoogle Scholar