Magnetic matrix solid phase dispersion assisted dispersive liquid liquid microextraction of ultra trace polychlorinated biphenyls in water prior to GC-ECD determination
- 444 Downloads
Magnetic matrix solid phase dispersion (MMSPD) assisted dispersive liquid liquid microextraction (DLLME) was applied to extract ultra traces of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) from water samples prior to gas chromatography with electron capture detection. PCBs in water were adsorbed by micro particles of magnetic bamboo charcoal and then transferred into the elution solvent. PCBs in the elution solvent of the MMSPD were further concentrated into trace volume extraction solvent of the DLLME procedure. Under optimized conditions, good linearity in the range of 0.2–100 ng L−1 was obtained with regression coefficients (r) higher than 0.9987. Based on a signal-noise ratio of 3, the limits of detection (LODs) range from 0.05–0.1 ng L−1. These LODs are much lower than those of MMSPD or DLLME alone. Relative standard deviations are between 4.9–8.2 %. The method was successfully applied to the determination of PCBs in lake and river water. Relative recoveries were 85.5–117.4 % for the spiked environmental water samples.
KeywordsMagnetic solid phase extraction Bamboo charcoal PCBs Water sample GC-ECD
This work was supported by Program of National Natural Science of China (No. 31170110), Research Encouragement Foundation of Excellent Midlife-Youth Scientists of Shandong Province (No. BS2015HZ014).
Compliance with Ethical Standards
The author(s) declare that they have no competing interests
- 5.Li K, Zhao GF, Zhou HD, Zeng M, Liao BH, Wu ZY, Zhang PW, Hao H (2012) Distribution characteristics and potential risk of PCBs in surface water from 22 tributaries and mainstream in middle reaches of Yangtze river. Chinese J Environ sci 5:1677Google Scholar
- 8.Zare F, Ghaedi M, Daneshfar A (2015) Solid phase extraction of antidepressant drugs amitriptyline and nortriptyline from plasma samples using core-shell nanoparticles of the type Fe3O4@ZrO2@N-cetylpyridinium, and their subsequent determination by HPLC with UV detection. Microchim Acta 182:1893CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Taghizadeh M, Asgharinezhad AA, Samkhaniany N, Tadjarodi A, Abbaszadeh A, Pooladi M (2014) Solid phase extraction of heavy metal ions based on a novel functionalized magnetic multi-walled carbon nanotube composite with the aid of experimental design methodology. Microchim Acta 181:597CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Zgoła-Grześkowiak A, Grześkowiak T (2012) Solid-phase extraction combined with dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction, fast derivatisation and high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry analysis for trace determination of short-chained dodecyl alcohol ethoxylates and dodecyl alcohol in environmental water samples. J Chromatogr A 1251:40CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Samadi S, Sereshti H, Assadi Y (2012) Ultra-preconcentration and determination of thirteen organophosphorus pesticides in water samples using solid-phase extraction followed by dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction and gas chromatography with flame photometric detection. J Chromatogr A 1219:61CrossRefGoogle Scholar