Electrochemical detection of rutin with a carbon ionic liquid electrode modified by Nafion, graphene oxide and ionic liquid composite
- 715 Downloads
We report on a carbon ionic liquid electrode modified with a composite made from Nafion, graphene oxide and ionic liquid, and its application to the sensitive determination of rutin. The modified electrode was characterized by cyclic voltammetry and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy. It shows excellent cyclic voltammetric and differential pulse voltammetric performance due to the presence of nanoscale graphene oxide and the ionic liquid, and their interaction. A pair of well-defined redox peaks of rutin appears at pH 3.0, and the reduction peak current is linearly related to its concentration in the range from 0.08 μM to 0.1 mM with a detection limit of 0.016 μM (at 3σ). The modified electrode displays excellent selectivity and good stability, and was successfully applied to the determination of rutin in tablets with good recovery.
KeywordsGraphene oxide Ionic liquid Nafion Carbon ionic liquid electrode Rutin Electrochemistry
We are grateful to the financial support of the Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 50976043, 21075071, 51076056), the Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Coal Combustion of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (FSKLCC1010) and the Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Clean Energy Utilization of Zhejiang University.
- 2.Reynolds JEF, Martindale (1999) The royal pharmaceutical society, 31st edn. Council of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, London, pp 1679–1680Google Scholar
- 17.Dreyer DR, Jia HP, Bielawski CW (2010) Graphene oxide: a convenient carbocatalyst for facilitating oxidation and hydration reactions. Angew Chem Int Ed 49:6813–6816Google Scholar
- 19.Li XL, Zhang GY, Bai XD, Sun XM, Wang XR, E. Wang EG, Dai HG (2008) Highly conducting graphene sheets and Langmuir-Blodgett films. Nat Nanotechnol 3538–3542Google Scholar
- 26.Bard AJ, Faulkner LR (2001) Electrochemical methods, 2nd edn. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 33.Yin SH, Zhou YL, Cui L, Liu T, Ju P, Zhu LS, Ai SY (2011) Sensitive voltammetric determination of rutin in pharmaceuticals, human serum, and traditional Chinese medicines using a glassy carbon electrode coated with graphene nanosheets, chitosan, and a poly(amidoamine) dendrimer. Microchim Acta 173:337–345CrossRefGoogle Scholar