Ultratrace determination of carbamate pesticides in water samples by temperature controlled ionic liquid dispersive liquid phase microextraction combined with high performance liquid phase chromatography
- 295 Downloads
A simple and sensitive method was developed for the determination of three carbamate pesticides in water samples. It is based on temperature controlled ionic liquid dispersive liquid phase microextraction combined with high-performance liquid chromatography. The ionic liquid 1-hexyl-3-methylimidazolium hexafluorophosphate was used as the extractant, and the factors affecting the extraction were investigated in detail. The detection limits obtained for isoprocarb, diethofencarb and fenothiocarb are 0.91, 0.45, and 1.40 μgL-1, respectively, and the precisions are in the range between 1.0 and 1.8% (n = 6). The method was validated with environmental water samples and the results indicate that it represents a viable alternative to existing methods.
Keywords1-Hexyl-3-methylimidazolium hexafluorophosphate Carbamate pesticides Temperature controlled ionic liquid dispersive liquid phase microextraction High performance liquid chromatography
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (20877022) and the Personal Innovation Foundation of Universities in Henan Province (126).
- 8.Visser AE, Swatloski RP, Reichert WM, Mayton R, Sheff S, Wierzbicki A, Davis JH, Rogers RD (2002) Task-specific ionic liquids incorporating novel cations for the coordination and extraction of Hg2+ and Cd2+: synthesis, characterization, and extraction studies. Environ Sci Technol 36:2523CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Bai HH, Zhou QX, Xie GH, Xiao JP (2009) Enrichment and sensitive determination of dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane and its metabolites with temperature controlled ionic liquid dispersive liquid phase microextraction prior to high performance liquid phase chromatography. Anal Chim Acta 651:64CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Zhou QX, Pang L, Xiao JP (2009) Trace determination of dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane and its main metabolites in environmental water samples with dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction in combination with high performance liquid chromatography and ultraviolet detector. J Chromatogr A 1216:6680CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.Berijani S, Assadi Y, Anbia M, Hosseini MM, Aghsee E (2006) Dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction combined with gas chromatography-flame photometric detection: very simple, rapid and sensitive method for the determination of organophosphorus pesticides in water. J Chromatogr A 1123:1CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 30.Farajzadeh MA, Bahram M, Vardast MR, Bamorowat M (2011) Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction for the analysis of three organophosphorus pesticides in real samples by high performance liquid chromatography-ultraviolet detection and its optimization by experimental design. Microchim Acta. doi: 10.1007/s00604-010-0451-9 Google Scholar
- 31.Pan CG, Ma XG (2010) Microwave-assisted synthesis and characterization of 1-hexyl-3-methylimidazolium hexafluorophosphate ionic liquid. J Function Mater (Chinese) 41:153Google Scholar