Growth and characterization of Mn- and Co-doped ZnO nanowires
- 157 Downloads
We report on the high-pressure pulsed laser deposition growth of zinc oxide nanowires containing about 0.2 at.% Co and 0.5 at.% Mn by NiO and Au catalyst. Scanning electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction measurements revealed arrays of parallel-standing nanowires with hexagonal cross section and uniform in-plane epitaxial relations without rotational domains. Elemental analysis was carried out using particle induced X-ray emission and Q-band electron spin resonance. The valence of the incorporated Mn was determined to be 2+. Atomic and magnetic force microscopy measurements indicate that Mn is incorporated preferentially at the nanowire boundaries.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Rahm A, Yang G W, Lorenz M, Nobis T, Lenzner J, Wagner G, Grundmann M, Thin Solid Films, (article in press)Google Scholar
- Whisker Technology (1970) In: Levitt A P (ed) Wiley-Interscience, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Doolittle, L R 1985Nucl Instr MethB9344Google Scholar
- Amirikas, R, Jamieson, D N, Dooley, S P 1993Nucl Instr MethB77110Google Scholar
- Ryan, C G 2001Nucl Instr MethB181170Google Scholar
- Wenckstern H, Heitsch S, Benndorf G, Spemann D, Kaidashev E M, Lorenz M, Grundmann M (2005) AIP Conference Proceedings 772: 183Google Scholar