Quantitative nitrogen analysis by Auger electron spectrometry and glow discharge optical emission spectrometry
- 93 Downloads
Nitrides of refractory metals are investigated as diffusion barriers for Cu metallization. The composition, thermal stability and inter diffusion in layered systems are characterized by depth profile analysis. For the quantification of depth profiles determination of sensitivity factors is essential. For nitrogen and other light elements matrix specific standards are often not available and compound standards are used for calibration. We have investigated the systems Ta–N and Ta–Si–N and for comparison Cr–N by means of Auger electron spectrometry (AES) and glow discharge optical emission spectrometry (GDOES). A non-linear calibration curve for the N/Cr intensity ratio was observed with GDOES in the Cr–N-system, probably caused by self-absorption of the Cr line.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ettmayer, P, Lengauer, W 2002NitridesUllmann’s encyclopedia of industrial chemistryWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & CoNew York51 ffGoogle Scholar
- Dittmar K, Engelmann H-J, Peikert M, Wieser E, von Borany J (2005) Appl Surf Sci (in press)Google Scholar
- Chen, J S, Lu, K Y 2001Thin Solid Films396204Google Scholar
- Cabral, C,Jr, Saenger, K L, Kotecki, D E, Harper, J M E 2000J Mater Res15194Google Scholar
- Baunack, S, Menzel, S, Pekarčíková, M, Schmidt, H, Albert, M, Wetzig, K 2003Anal Bioanal Chem375891Google Scholar
- Hoffmann, V, Uhlemann, H-J, Präßler, F, Wetzig, K, Birus, D 1996Fresenius J Anal Chem355826Google Scholar