Progress on Light-Ion Fusion Reactions with Three-Nucleon Forces
- 57 Downloads
The description of structural and dynamical properties of nuclei starting from the fundamental interaction between nucleons has been a long-standing goal in nuclear physics. The ab initio No-Core Shell Model combined with the Resonating-Group Method (NCSM/RGM) is capable of addressing both structural and reaction properties of light-nuclei. While promising results have already been achieved starting from a two-body Hamiltonian, a truly realistic prediction of nuclear observables requires the treatment of the three-nucleon interaction. Using similarity-renormalization-group evolved two- and three-nucleon interactions, we will present recent applications to n-4He scattering process when accounting for the chiral two- plus three-nucleon interaction versus the chiral two-nucleon interaction. We compare our results to phase shifts obtained from R-matrix analysis of data up to 16 MeV neutron energy, below the d-3H threshold.
KeywordsNucleon Interaction Incident Neutron Energy Unitary Correlation Operator Method Similarity Renormalization Group Purple Cross
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bogner S.K., Furnstahl R.J., Perry R.J.: Similarity renormalization group for nucleon–nucleon interactions. Phys. Rev. C 75(6), 061–001 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Drosg, M.: Interaction of fast neutrons with4He,3He, and 1H: additional and improved data.[20 MeV, differential cross sections, angular distributions]. Tech. Rep. May, Los Alamos Scientific Lab., N. Mex.(USA) (1978)Google Scholar
- 5.Entem D.R., Machleidt R.: Accurate charge-dependent nucleon–nucleon potential at fourth order of chiral perturbation theory. Phys. Rev. C 68(4), 041–001 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Hale, G.M. Private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 7.Hergert H., Roth R.: Unitary correlation operator method from a similarity renormalization group perspective. Phys. Rev. C 75(5), 051–001 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Hupin, G., Langhammer, J., Navrátil, P., Quaglioni, S., Calci, A., Roth, R.: Ab initio many-body calculations of nucleon-4He scattering with three-nucleon forces. (2013) ArXiv p 18, 1308.2700Google Scholar