Ab Initio Study of Electroweak Responses of 4He
- 66 Downloads
In this contribution, we discuss the electroweak responses of 4He based on a full four-body calculation. The wave function of the ground state is obtained accurately using an explicitly correlated basis. Four-body final states are expressed in a superposition of many basis functions including configurations which have 3+1 and 2+1+1 cluster partitions of four-nucleon system explicitly. The continuum is properly treated by taking the two approaches: one is the complex scaling method and the other is the microscopic R-matrix method. The calculated photoabsorption cross sections agree up to the rest energy of a pion. The spin–dipole strength function is also presented and its relationship between the spectrum of 4He is discussed.
KeywordsGiant Dipole Resonance Strength Function Photoabsorption Cross Section Continuum Wave Function Giant Dipole Resonance Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shima, T., et al.: Simultaneous measurement of the photodisintegration of 4He in the giant dipole resonance region. Phys. Rev. C 72, 044004 (2005), and private communicationsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Aoyama, S., Myo, T., Kato, K., Ikeda, K.: The complex scaling method for many-body resonances and its applications to three-body resonances. Prog. Theor. Phys. 116, 1 (2006), and reference threinGoogle Scholar
- 10.Suzuki, Y., Varga, K.: Stochastic variational approach to quantum-mechanical few-body problems. In: Lecture Notes in Physics, vol. m54. Springer, Berlin (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Arkatov Y.M. et al.: Three-particle and total photodesintegration of He4. Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 10, 639 (1970)Google Scholar
- 19.Horiuchi, W., Suzuki, Y.: Excited states and strength functions of 4He in correlated Gaussians. Few-Body Syst. (2012, in press). doi: 10.1007/s00601-012-0495-y